Monday, December 19, 2011

Who Wannabe a Winner??

Who Wannabe a winner?…Why it’s WannabeQuilter!!  Congratulations! You just won a few of my favourite things…P1160607

Please send me your snail’s mail address and I will happily pop this into the mail!

Look what we had for dinner last night!!

Tamales! 

image

Delish!!  Would you believe our new friends, Allan and Lolita couldn’t believe that we had NEVER eaten a Tamale!!  So Lolita cooked us up a batch...and then delivered them to our trailer…how thoughtful and generous was that!!

image

Holy Tamale – they were so good!!  I tried a sample of each and I really couldn’t choose a favourite as they were all so tasty.  Ok…I was leaning towards the Cheese one…with the meat ones being a VERY close second.  So, now I’m a Tamale convert – or, at least I’m a convert to Lolita’s Tamales as they were just excellent!  Thank you, again, Lolita and Allan, we had a great dinner and really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Our Morning Hike~

Man, I am stiff today…Yesterday morning we went on the Mother of all hikes…I felt like a Mountain Goat!!  Steep, narrow trails cut into the sides of the mountain…yikes…I felt dizzy looking down!  But it felt good to get moving…

image

The narrow trail was cut into the sides of the mountains and traversed back and forth…yup, we just walked on those trails way down there in the distance!

image

Can you see the man in blue on the hill (bottom pic)?…about 15 minutes earlier he had jogged by us!  That was where we were headed, albeit a little slower…OK a lot slower…

image

Loved this trail and can’t wait to do it again…only next time we are taking a lunch with us!!

So there you have it…our Sunday Adventure…no sewing but it still managed to be a fun day!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

13 comments:

  1. that's a crazy trail. You are brave to just take off and hike the day away. We get Tamales whenever we have Potluck at Church, the Spanish Group in our area all meet with us. Did She make Green Ones? Chicken or Beef?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hike! We haven't been hiking in awhile because of hubby's health, but we should be able to hit th etrail soon. THe sight of those tamales would bring him running!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great book and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamales are really good.....I'm not so sure about the hike....I love to walk, but my knees won't do downhill like that anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Wannabe!
    Looks like a great trail to hike on, wish it were warmer, miss taking walks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you have never had a tamale? They are soooo good. You need to go find a sweet one to round it out though. I love the ones with raisins or pineapple and coconut. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE tamales. The sweet guava ones are my favorite. I'm glad you got to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a HIKE! I think I have a few achy muscles just looking at the trail.

    There is a family that sells tamales at the Farmers Market every Saturday. I hurried down several weekends just to eat tamales from their booth. So good.

    Congrats to Wannabe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...love to hike but that's a great big one LOLOL.. and I've never had tamales..have to try one day ... sound very good..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to WannabeQuilter! I've never had a tamale either, it looks delicious, how nice of them to do that!

    I'm dizzy just looking at your pics, Paulette - that is some awesome hike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT?!?! You've never had potato soup? How is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
  12. a winner ..a hike and a tamale delivery..can your life get any better??

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are tamales? I don't think I've ever eaten one, but perhaps we call them something else.crachag

    ReplyDelete