Sunday, December 4, 2011

Seasonal Happenings…

Check out Primitive Gatherings sweet new Christmas line of fabric …it’s called ‘Seasonal Little Gatherings’ and it’s VERY cute!!  You can see it HERE!  SEW what did you think??  Looks like it’s not available until April so we won’t be sewing anything with it this Christmas but look out next year!

Speaking of  gorgeous fabric…do you remember the fabric that I won from Lauren and Jessi Jung..

P1150887

They are the mother/daughter fabric design team.  LOVE this fabric! It’s called Flora and feels SEW wonderful with tiny little prints of yummy colours!  You can read MORE about the WIN HERE!

P1150883

WELL I got out my huge bundle and sliced 8” off each fat quarter!  YIKES!!  I had to FORCE myself as it was just too pretty to cut but then I reminded myself I would have a lovely quilt at the end of all this PLUS another 10” of fat quarters to play with later!!  It’s a win-win!

I pressed and appreciated each FLORA print before running it through the Accuquilt GO Fabric Cutter!

P1160394 - Copy

I used the 2 1/2” strip cutter…which just happens to be my favourite and MOST USED die!  Perfect to make your own Jelly Rolls, binding or borders…and so FAST and EASY!

P1160396 - Copy

There’s my 10 inch roll of ‘left-overs’ to play with…later…:)

P1160397

And here is my sweet little bundle…just waiting for ME!!

P1160399

DARN!!  The SUN is shining…and where is that WIND when you need it?!  You mean I HAVE to leave the trailer?

Hope you have a Sunny Sunday too…and Happy Quilting!~P

13 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of not wanting to even open one of the pretty fat quarter bundles. Even if it means a quilt in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous fabric! Looking forward to seeing this quilt in progress !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Flora is so beautiful - I can't wait to see what you make with both bundles Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how it comes out, love bundles for die cutting, makes it easier.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking the Little Gatherings will make a cute twister, what do you think? Might have to preorder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Primitive Gatherings fabrics are gorgeous. Does the temptation never stop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe we can see that fabric but not order it - what are they thinking! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your great win - but you know you wanna go outside and play, no matter how much fun you're having inside, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your gorgeous win! I know what you mean about it being hard to cut into something so pretty and perfect.. but I'm sure the quilt at the end will be totally worth it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and they are doing a BOM with them....yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see what this is going to become.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely lovely fabric. and yet, no clue as to the pattern for the strips -- hmmm????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun stuff, Congrats on the great WIN! Sorry you have to enjoy some sun where you are. It's cold here in the NW.

    ReplyDelete