Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getting that Christmas Spirit…

Delores, from HOME, has plenty of Christmas Spirit and she thought she would pass some along to the rest of us...as indicated by  this wonderful wall hanging that she just completed!  This gorgeous Wool mat is all hand appliqued…and is dang cute!!

image

I think this pattern is from Primitive Gatherings..called ‘We are Family’…and could easily hang on Delores’ wall all Winter long… Very sweet, Delores!!

image

And my friend, Claire, put her hubby to work.  He cut out all the wooden shapes and Claire painted them and glued on the special effects!  Dang cute…and don’t you love the wool mat that Claire stitched last year..it’s underneath this project!

image

Yup…I have got to borrow this pattern from Claire!  The tree usually stands up on this mat but Claire wanted a good shot of it. They REALLY DO belong together!  Yup, if I make this mat…I’m going to need one of these cute trees too..just sayin’..

image

And isn’t this garland wonderful!  Claire’s husband retires in January…and Claire retires in July…I think they should have a booth at next year’s Christmas Craft Fair!  They could clean up!  I would be FIRST in line!

image

Only FOUR days left till Christmas!!  My youngest daughter arrives on Friday and then two more daughters arrive on Christmas morning!!  CAN’T WAIT!! 

BUT first I’m off to join the Clubhouse Quilters, do a little stitchin’ and then indulge in a Potluck Christmas Luncheon!  It really is the Best Time of The Year…or has all that Christmas music brainwashed me??  nahhhh….??

Have a wickedly wild Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. What a pleasure it is to peek at your blog...so many fun projects and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your woolie Snowmen!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pieces and perfect to lift the spirits for the holidays. I think decorations should make you happy or smile.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowman wallhanging, but esp. that tree! It's darling and I may have to 'steal' that idea, oops, I mean borrow!! LOLOL

    Still lots to do on my plate, but so glad you're enjoying yourself out there!

    Merry Christmas!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowmen...have a great Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the darling projects - and woohoo, won't be long til your family is there!!!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable projects- love them all!! So happy to hear your daughters will be there- wishing you ALL a Merry Christmas!! I'm sure you'll love every minute!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snowman family and the tree both! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete