Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Temecula Quilt Co.

FYI..we are still quilt shop hopping in Temecula, CA…next stop was The Temecula Quilt Co.!  It’s a small shop but it carries a VERY powerful punch!  MAGNIFICENT QUILTS!!  We quickly fanned out and took over the shop…

P1160481

Throughout the shop there are little mini displays that catch your eye…like this little guy…I WANT to make him!

P1160482

We had to pull him out for a better look…those little squares finished at 1/2”…now that’s small!  Isn’t this ADORABLE!!

P1160483

And see this Courthouse Step Log Cabin Quilt…the strips finish at 1/2…maybe 3/4” wide!  Gorgeous!

P1160484

This is definitely a Lori Smith applique quilt and look at those sweet little guys…I see a bow tie quilt!

P1160485

Lovely wool for $2 a piece.

P1160486

I loved the way the shop had ladders positioned here and there with lovely quilts draped over…

P1160487

And look what was on a shelf under a table…a stunning yo-yo quilt!!  Wow!

P1160488

I have always wanted to make a green and red quilt…how perfect is this…and it’s SEW GO! friendly!!  It’s calling my name…

P1160489

And look at this Lil’Twister in only two colours…a red print and a creamy white…it was unanimous…we ALL loved this one!

P1160503

SEW much eye candy!!

P1160491

Even the bulletin board was perfect!  Look at how the magnets have buttons, spools and letters glued to them!  Very clever and creative!  You could easily do this in your sewing room…

P1160492P1160493

Another red and white quilt calling my name!

P1160497

Even the classroom was surrounded by beautiful quilts!!  Such inspiration!

P1160498P1160499P1160500

LOVED this quilt and in all MY colours!

P1160501

Here’s a better look…P1160502

Some wonderful ideas for Christmas Stockings!

P1160504

This hexagon quilt had large hexies..all done with paper templates and hand stitched…what a beauty!

P1160505

I’m not positive but I THINK this is the shops BOM.  Isn’t it pretty…but very small!

P1160506

Whew…I don’t know about you…but I am exhausted!!  So many things that I would LOVE to make…what about you?  Anything calling YOUR name??

kEEP READING…BELOW… (I had to publish in two parts…)

15 comments:

  1. That shop is packed full of fun stuff. I love it ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt shop hop you took us on P. Can't wait to see what ended up in your just had to have bag. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing all this. I got so inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, What a lovely trip!
    Hope you bought lots to make up for all of us who can't be there with you!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a store I would love to shop in.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I lived nearby! Did they have that green and red Broken Dishes quilt in a kit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew I could count on you with more photos! I'm jumping up and down here because YOU snapped a photo of a quilt rack idea I hadn't thought of!!! See that old rack? I own a few from European flea market outings...I've hung them sideways and draped quilts that way but never did I think to make small loops on little quilts an hang them like that! OMG...my mind is racing!!!
    Also...my surgery for Fri is cancelled since Dr. loss a relative. They wanted to reschedule for Tues and I said no way...son coming in from college and b-day week...so I get to look forward to Jan 6th now. Ick. I now want to get crackin on the table topper quilt you shared. Here I am all caught up and ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, can't imagin 1/2 inch squares! Have you ever made anything that small? Doesn't the courthouse step look like ornaments? Thanks for the guide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun place! That very first pic, the quilt with the triangles is really calling my name...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this shop, everything is calling my name. When will I get the time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well....yes I guess you are still on the go. What a fun shop. I also thought the loops on the corner of the quilt was a great way to hang the little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see pictures of this store I saw I've got to get there. The displays are beautiful and so inspiring. Thanks for taking us along - I can travel through you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow,your post sure took a long time to look at! Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete