Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas in the Clubhouse…

If there’s one thing quilters know how to do…besides quilt…it’s eat!!  Wednesday was our Christmas Pot Luck Luncheon…no one signed up for anything…and yet we didn’t have one duplicate…

P1160650

..Just feast your eyes on this spread!!  Three different kinds of salads, quiche, a pizza style yummy dish, devilled eggs, veggie rolls and peanut sauce…and everything was SEW delicious!!  And we finished off with Karen’s famous shortbread and maple squares…to almost die for!!

P1160651

Phyllis abandon us for ‘other’ activities but she left us a platter of chocolate fudge so all was forgiven.. AND didn’t she look pretty?!

P1160633

We had such a fun day…even played a Christmas game, thanks to Gwen and Anne!  I will show pictures tomorrow of the little sewing that got done!

Today my daughter, Hayley arrives at LAX!!  I’m so excited…BUT there is only one ‘slight’ glitch…hubby has the FLU!  (Nothing like being in a trailer with someone who is hurling from both ends..I know, I know…TMI!!) The LA Airport is 2 hours away and I don’t ‘DO’ FREEWAYS!! Anyways I have been waiting on him hand and foot..you know…running to the store for ginger ale, Imodium, TUMS, juice…what more blankets?  Too hot??   Have you seen that commercial where the man is sick in bed and he asks his wife in that ‘little boy voice’ “Can you call my mom?” well that’s dead on!!  I’m hoping for a miraculous recovery!!  Fingers are crossed that today will be a better day…and that Hayley won’t be spending her Christmas at LAX!! :(

I’ll keep you posted!!

Have a Feeling Better Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. I hope your husband feels better soon, nothing like being sick at Christmas. That is my problem too, if Bill gets sick, I have to do things I normally don't, not into driving in cities or too far, gotten lazy over the years. They do have taxis? LOL

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis must be a Red Hatter. And look at all that good food she missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear hubby is sick. No time is a good time to be sick, but at Christmas? That's not fair. Hope you get your daughter from the airport. I'm sure everything will work out fine, and you will be enjoying Christmas day with all your family. We will be driving to Parksville tomorrow to spend Christmas Eve with my daughter and her daughter. Then back home on Christmas day to wait for my two sons and their familys to stay over for a few days. I love the holidays, but man, it does get hectic! Merry Christmas, Paulette and a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that your husband is sick...prayers for a speedy recovery!
    Love Phyllis's Fascinator...I purchased one while we were in Victoria Thanksgiving week from Roberta's Hats. Sew much fun to wear!!

    Merry Chistmas to you and your family Paulette... Hope it is the best Christmas ever!

    Hugs

    Elaine P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope hubby recovers quickly and that your daughter doesn't have to spend the holiday at an airport!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Paulette!

    I hope your DH is feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just catching up...hope hubby is on the mends by now and that you successful manuvered the freeways of LA like a NASCAR pro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your hubby is better and you were able to get your daughter. I'm sure you figured out something!:) Hope your holiday was a happy one for all of you!!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paulette, hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your DH is recuperating. All the best to you in the new year. May you enjoy many days of "wooling" and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, P, you get sick too? Hope all is well and you had a wonderful time with family?????

    ReplyDelete