Monday, April 1, 2013

Sewing Junk…

Yesterday in between doing laundry, cleaning and packing, Kim and I slipped away…our husbands didn’t even know that we had gone!  We had heard about a place on Pierson St and Cactus St. in Desert Hot Springs that sold old sewing machines and sewing memorabilia…it was our LAST chance to go and have a look for ourselves!!  So off we went!

I thought you might like to see it for yourselves…because in this case the pictures are worth a million words!!

We had heard that they sell sewing machine…well this really didn’t cover it!  What an understatement if ever there was one! There were sewing machines in every nook and cranny!  Bonnie Hunter would be hyperventilating!

P1220897P1220898P1220899P1220900P1220901P1220903P1220904P1220905P1220906P1220907P1220908P1220909P1220910

Little black boxes containing Featherweight SM all over the store…all for $450 each!!

P1220911

P1220912P1220913P1220914

The quilts started at $50…

P1220915

Yes, that’s a gun on the table…don’t know if it’s real…yikes!

P1220916

Now if I was Bonnie Hunter, I would be on my hands and knees dragging that green case out for a look see….  Nope, it didn’t happen!

P1220917

This is an old industrial sewing machine!!  Wow!!  Hey, I didn’t even SEE that toilet when I was there!!  Geeze…I wonder what was inside the bowl?  Eeewh!!!

P1220918

What ever this was…I loved it!!  How unique!

P1220920

A carpet beater…can’t have too many of these around the house!! haha

P1220924

An old juicer??…

P1220925P1220946

P1220927P1220928P1220929

I loved this sled…and they had about four of them…remember we ARE out in the desert!! 

P1220934P1220935P1220938P1220947

So…do you get the idea…tons of STUFF!

P1220948P1220949P1220953

Everywhere you looked there was sewing junk…or some other kind of junk..all good and all expensive!  There were no deals to be had…but it was sure fun to look!  And it didn’t prevent us both from bringing home a wee small treasure or two!

I will clean up my loot today and show you tomorrow you what I bought…can you stand it?  :0) 

Hey, look at what I just printed off…Kaaren’s new ‘Happy Scrappy Easter’ pattern…just released today!  Dang cute…and VERY generous of Kaaren!!  Hurry over and download your copy today!  This month she released row one…complete with rabbit and carrot!  How cute is THAT!!

P1220963

Thanks Kaaren!!  I am going to make this one for sure!!


Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

20 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chastised Rick for calling your treasures "junk"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tease you are! I was sure there would be a picture of what you purchased. Sewing machine heaven there for sure. Did the prices curl your toes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I want to go there and I want that wagon, lol.
    They really have a lot of wonderful old machines and the mini ones are fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I would have been in heaven with all those sewing machines. I collect those smaller machines and I know that I would have dumped a boatload of money there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, it looks like a fun place to visit. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in Palm Aprings.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what treasures you found Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always looking for sleds and a wagon like that, not to mention sewing machines. I did get a featherweight this year and I did great on the price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hyperventilating! So many OLD machines and what a price, too precious for my taste. Glad I found a FW that worked for $250. Can't wait to see your Loot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gagging on the toilet photo, eewwwhh, everything everything else just has me stunned. In want to get her pattern too! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It kind of makes me want to find an old treadle machine. After all, what would I do at the end of the world if there was no electricity? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heaven! Unbelievable just HOW simplistic sewing machines used to be. You took some great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I love to go to antique/junk stores. That looks like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A million and one words!!!! Oh my, wished I could have been with you two!!!

    Thanks for sharing these delightful pictures.

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treasure trove!! Wish I'd known about it when we were down there. It must have taken hours to go through and look at all those interesting things. Thanks for all the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is amazing!
    I would be there for hours checking everything over...Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gostaria de ter ido com vocês,mas o Brasil é tão lonnnnge...Grandes achados,te vejo amanhã.Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang I so want a tiny green sewing machine, plus the blue one, a vintage quilt or two and some green glassware, but you can keep the sled! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just sent this url to daughter
    She has a condo in Palm Desert and
    Visits there every once in a while

    Have love 'our' trip south again this year

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete