Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Brain WAVE...

I wasn't going to post today...but I had a brainwave (yes, there are just enough brain cells to still wave...:o)  The last three evening I have been working on PENNIES...as in UFO Pennies.  The plan was to make a giant penny rug out of them...but straightening up the sewing room this morning, I spotted this mat hanging on the design wall...it's finished BUT I didn't like the 'unfinished' look to it.  I felt it "needed" something to go around it...WELL...do you see where I am going with this?  Let's team up two UFOs and see what we can accomplish...

Here's the runner...it's nice...I thought it needed something... so it's been waiting...a long time!!
 Now with the pennies!

Keep in mind that it looks a million times better in real life!  

 Seriously...I heard harps playing in the background when I stepped back to look...

And who am I to argue with harp music?  

Ten more pennies to stitch (the top row of pennies), blanket stitch the backing, stitch on the pennies...and TWO UFOs will be finished!  

Now am I upset that I won't be getting a penny rug made out of my pennies...?  ...I will get over it!! (We ARE talking TWO UFOs finished!!  :o)))  

Have a thrilling Thursday and happy stitching!~P

PS...this is a Maggie Bonanomi pattern...not sure of the name of it?  The brain cells are too busy waving!

27 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean by hearing the music. Combining two ufo's always feels really brilliant! Great work with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table runner!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I can hear the harp music all the way across the continent! Fabulous finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The pennies are the perfect finishing touch to your runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The music is even coming until here!
    What a great idea! It is absolutely lovely!!!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were so right!!! i just love the added pennies....wish it was mine. You do such nice work with wool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. From one woolie to another--I like the plain pennies, the one's with the stars seem to make it look too busy----but this is only MHO and it's your mat. I do love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fortunate that the pennies colours work so nicely with the ones on the runner. Nice collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Love it! I especially love the star pennies scattered around, you are brilliant with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done getting those brain cells to link your two projects, its those lightbulb moments that create magic...and this penny rug is magic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love harp music, and it was more than appropriate. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harp music is appropriate. Great match up with wonderful results.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job.....two at a time!......can you do three? Everyone needs a challenge......just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I agree, it looks way more interesting with the penny border. Great idea! I'm not sure that any two of my UFOs would match so well, but I will definitely keep the idea for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it with the pennies, that really makes a nice border, that is gorgeous. I have lots of scraps and was thinking that cutting them into pennies would be a good idea and I can use them in projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Harp music and a thrilling Thursday. It sounds like a perfect sewing day and two UFO's crossed off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is exactly what it needed. The colors in the penny's make the subtle colors in the runner really POP. Beautiful! Becki

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is exactly what it needed. The colors in the penny's make the subtle colors in the runner really POP. Beautiful! Becki

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes yes these pennies lift this to a higher level, it is great

    ReplyDelete
  20. Outstanding! I love the combo. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a difference. The pennies make the mat colours pop. You are so clever, but i knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow .... as in WOW! This runner is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE IT!!! ANd two UFO finished always feels good!

    ReplyDelete