Monday, August 16, 2010

Lady GO! GO! is Cutting Edge….

image …IN FACT…she is cutting LOTS of EDGES!  For the last few days Lady GO! GO! and I have been getting to know one another…I must say she is wonderful…friendly, accurate, easy to use, and she produces the move wonderful things! … 

These are the three dies that I picked out from pages of selections!-The quarter square 4 inch finished triangles, the 2 1/2” strip cutter and the 1 1/2”  strip cutter.  The Lady GO! GO! comes with a 4 1/2” square die, 2 1/2 “ square and the 2 1/2” half square triangle.

image

…with the help of these dies I have got a lot of options to cut different sizes and shapes….

On Saturday I started the Christmas Sew Along and Lady GO~ GO! jumped right in and helped…She cut out the borders lickity split-

P1090503

Here is the border fabric stretched out on top of the cutting board..foam side up.

P1090505

I put the cutting mat on top to protect the wheel from the blades that are hiding in the foam…and then I cranked the wheel… 

P1090506

Within seconds I have got 6 strips the perfect size for my border!!

P1090508

and with very little wastage!

P1090509

DONE and the flying geese- 160 triangles in minutes…and she didn’t break a sweat…unlike myself!!

P1090513 And look…all the little dogs ears are already gone! :o)

P1090515

And look NO wasted fabric!!

P1090516Not only fast and pretty but economical as well!!

P1090517I’m SEW in love!! 

Binding, you say…she’s done it!!  I tell you…I have got my feet up…and Lady GO! GO! is crying for more…I can see I am going to have to buy some more dies…just to keep her happy! :O)  Hey, if it worked for you…it will probably work for my husband!!  Stay tuned for more Lady GO!GO! fun!

Karen from Sew Many Ways has started her GO! Give Away!  Hurry over and enter…(If you don’t win hers, don’t worry, I’ll be giving one away too!  Stay tuned for THAT!!! Probably within a week!)

Also tomorrow I will show you how I used the Quilt in A Day Flying Geese Ruler to make these little blocks a snap. 

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!!~P             

17 comments:

  1. I spend all day cutting and stopping because of my hand, that sure does make it easier and faster.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! What a time saver for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at her Go! Go! :-)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me so intrigued with your Lady Go Go Paulette! I love that you are not having a lot of wasted fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing! It would take me forever to cut all that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun...and I am very much interested in that ruler....I think I have a problem....I love rulers....am I bad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing that-you have me intrigued. Just think of the time this machine could save! Time to make many more quilts!Ha!

    blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great pic's - I'm a little slow but I'm finally getting how Lady GO GO works! Fabulous - no wonder your so happy Sweet P!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun! Thanks for the demo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm staying tuned to how you make the flying geese. I don't have a GO! yet, but I can always get the ruler if it makes it easier.
    Love your haul from the garage sale. You did good. Hope you make Sue's qal in September because it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What dies are you GOing to acquire next?

    I've heard that some people mark the outline of the cutter with a sharpie marker. Is it hard to see where the cutter is within the foam?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Paulette!! Just entered at Sew Many Ways- maybe I'll win!! Looks like an amazing machine!! I'll be back tomorrow to check out the Flying Geese Ruler!:) Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooieee, looks like you're having a lot of fun playing with your new BFF?

    Shameless plug/boast coming up. If anyone reads this comment, pop over to my blog to see what Paulette made for me. It's so wonderful I want the whole world to see.

    ReplyDelete