Friday, January 16, 2015

There’s a New ‘Girl’ in Town…

…and her name is Hobby Lobby!  (She is on Highway 1-11 and in LaQuinta!)IMG_3204

Both Sandy and I had never been to a Hobby Lobby before so of course we HAD to make a day of it…it being our first time and all!

We were impressed with their fabric and notion department!

IMG_3205

There were many different sections to the store…ie floral, scrapbooking, beading and so on… but the main focal point seemed to be Home Decor!  We just skimmed the surface!

IMG_3206

Did we buy anything?  Well…I bought some fabric!  I confess that at JoAnn’s I am a bit of a fabric snob…. I buy only Kona Cotton, Minkie, Wool, if they have it, baby fleece and flannels….But at HL I found some nice mottled fabric, similar to Snowman Gatherings fabric, (the two bottom fabrics) for $4.89 a yd and they  felt great  and the three top pieces of Homespun were $3.49 a yd…so I thought I would compare them to the Quilt Shop quality $10 a yard homespuns and see what the difference is. 

IMG_3208

Will Hobby Lobby become my new BFF…and replace JoAnn?  NEVER!  BUT… I have to admit she was a blast to hang with…with SO much to look at and great prices! And such variety…and she has COUPONS!  HL is right up there…and is definitely one of the ‘Cool Kids’…in my humble opinion! :o)

Have you checked out a Hobby Lobby lately?  Maybe you should…

Have a FUN Friday and happy Stitching!~P

15 comments:

  1. We just got a Hobby Lobby too! I went before Christmas, now that was a Christmas department! You could spend quite a bit of time in that store. I only bought some Kona white and a new pencil can. It was a fun trip since the kids had plenty to look at too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! HL is my go-to store for backing fabric. In fact, the second print in your picture is the backing on my Snowman Gatherings PG wool quilt. I also bought all of the silk flowers for DD1's wedding. Nice selection in season items too. And you are right; won't take the place of Dear JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo haven't had a chance to compare fabric quality yet? I've never been to Hobby Lobby, not sure if we even have one close by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh be very careful of Hobby Lobby. That place is sure draws me in, and puts my credit card into overdrive! LOL!! I like the fabrics that they carry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we will Lori! A new Hobby Lobby is going into the old Sears building in Bend! Thanks for the review Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have several in Washington state, so you can check it out one last time on your way back home. They have some fun buttons and embellishment items that draw me in.

    I've not shopped their fabric but check next time I go across the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a Hancocks, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby on the same intersection! I love the half-price coupons at Hobby Lobby for quilt batting. I also love their organizational pieces and the art supplies. Baskets and bins and shelves...oh my! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would rather buy at Hobby Lobby! I'm a Fabric Snob of all kinds at JoAnn's. Glad you got some fun prints to use up. How did they compare? If there were a Hancock's close I'd shop there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We finally got a Hobby Lobby here a couple years ago. Quite large and lots to look at. My purchases are never big ones. Lots of DMC floss mostly. They do have some cute buttons but not a large selection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ours doesn't have much in the fabric but I noticed your ticking looks aged? They do have fun decor and more craft supplies so it is nice that I can go there too. They also carry variegated floss which the others stopped carrying, so I stock up on my reds and yellow.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hobby Lobby is an AWESOME company and EXTREMELY reputable!! I LOVE them and pretty much every time I go in there, spend way more than I intended!! Everything in there is SO CUTE! Glad you finally discovered HL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hobby Lobby is one of my favourite shops and I love the coupons. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first visit to a Hobby Lobby I just walked around in awe!! Now I want to go back and reallllyyyyy look! LOL!! WIll check out the fabric section for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a paradise! We have NOTHING like Hobby Lobby here in Finland. You are lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess we gals back here take those stores for granted as we've had them in town for yrs and got a brand spanking new JoAnn's last yr.
    They do have great deals and the best part is you can choose to use your 40% off coupon instead of the 30% off fabrics at HL. Just tell them when they cut your fabric.

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete