Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snippets from Road to California 2015

I swear the Road to California gets bigger and better every year!  To do it justice, you REALLY do need two or more days but frankly one day is plenty!  By the end of the day you REALLY do need one of these…

IMG_3406

A massage at the end of the day sounded wonderful…after jostling those crowds and carrying those heavy bags of loot… but who has the TIME!!  We had five hours to get ‘er done and get ‘er done we did!

But I need to back it up…here we are at the back of the bus!  Yes, we are a noisy, crazy and happy bunch! “ROOOAD!…ROOOAD!…ROOOAD!!”

IMG_3403

And we are into the Ontario Convention Centre…THREE BIG convention halls hold the vendors and quilt show!  This was before the crowds got heavy!

IMG_3405

A few of the quilts that were hanging high….IMG_3404IMG_3408

Our first stop is always Primitive Gatherings.  They will let you take pictures of the entrance to their booth and any quilts/projects when you purchase the patterns…so I just have a couple of pics…

IMG_3409IMG_3410

As you can see it was a mad house inside…and filled with quilty goodness!  Wish I could show you more….

IMG_3411IMG_3412

Sandy looks happy with her purchases…or perhaps it’s the company she is keeping! haha

IMG_3413

Glynis is hyperventilating at this point and needed a paper bag…and not for her purchases!

IMG_3414

Next it was on to ‘The Red Door’ where they always let me take pictures!  They are the GREATEST and their booth was full of LOVE and GOOD WISHES!  Feast your eyes…

IMG_3416IMG_3417IMG_3418IMG_3419

Oh man, such eye candy in this booth!! 

IMG_3420

The GOOD news is…The Red Door has an online shop so everything you see here YOU can order for yourself!  Just go HERE and knock at the big beautiful RED DOOR!  Someone is always there to welcome you and take your order!

IMG_3421

Then it was off to Heart to Hand Booth!  No secrets there!  Picture taking is encouraged…and oh man, talk about picture PERFECT goodness!

IMG_3422

LOVED this garden sign on driftwood!

IMG_3424

Tons of pincushions…a little blurry but you get the picture!

IMG_3425

They also had a SNOW Banner on a piece of driftwood that was wonderful but my picture didn’t turn out!  There were just too many people in the booth and I was trying to take the shot over their heads…

IMG_3426

This little red man blew me away!  Loved him…and now I have second thoughts!  I should have bought the pattern…he can’t be THAT difficult to make!  Did I mention that Heart to Hand has an ONLINE SHOP??

IMG_3427

IMG_3428

Gotcha!  Jan and Doris on the run!  Their bags are full…and the day was young!

IMG_3439

And for you modern quilters…these next pictures are for YOU!

IMG_3441IMG_3442

It was here that I bumped into blogging friend, Janet!  Such a nice lady!  What are the odds of that happening…but I was so happy to hook up and put a face to a name!

IMG_3443IMG_3444

I confess…I LOVE this quilt…and almost bought the pattern until I saw that it took a special ruler!  Now…I kick myself!

IMG_3445IMG_3446

OK…now back to the good parts!!  This is the booth that I spent the most time in…SEW CHERISHED!  Dawn Shuck was the owner and she was wonderful.  She specializes in hand dyed wool, yarn dyed fabrics, crazy quilting and NORMA WHALEY patterns!  

IMG_3450

Can I just say, SEEING Norma’s quilts up-close and personal was a thrill for me!! This sample quilt was done in yarn dyed fabrics and wool and it was exquisite!  The quilting was also PERFECT! I AM SEW GOING TO MAKE THIS QUILT!!

IMG_3451

There was a whole wall of Timeless Traditions patterns with the quilts made up!  WOW!!  Like a shrine to Norma!

IMG_3452

I have this one at home…OK, it’s technically a UFO but not for long!!  Loved seeing it made up!

IMG_3453IMG_3454IMG_3455IMG_3456IMG_3457IMG_3458

Yes, we are still in the Sew Cherished booth!

IMG_3459

Gorgeous!

IMG_3460IMG_3461

Dawn also specializes in stitchery patterns and Crazy Quilting….

IMG_3462IMG_3463

Check out Dawn’s online Shop HERE!

IMG_3465IMG_3466IMG_3467IMG_3469IMG_3470

Can you see why I spent so much time in the Sew Cherished booth?!

IMG_3471

Thanks Dawn for letting me take pictures!  Your booth was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

Seriously…now I need that massage…where’s a good masseuse when you need one?

Hope you enjoyed the show!  QUILTS?  Oh yes, it IS a Quilt SHOW! I did take a picture of a FEW quilts…but will show you them tomorrow!  I am sew bad…

Have a terrific Tuesday and happy stitching!~P

22 comments:

  1. Well it's only 8:00 cst and I am exhausted. What a tour, it was fabulous.. So many projects and I was not doing anything new this year, just finishing 2014.. Thanks for the great picture, loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the eye candy...I totally enjoyed the pictures! Primitive Gatherings is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Paulette this quilt show is soooooo on my bucket list. Thank you for the deelish eye candy to drool over. As well as all the quilt shop stores along the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the photos...they are wonderful and I see several projects that I must have...MUST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total #CreativeGoodness and inspiration. Looks like you had a super fun time at Road. :)

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the quilts with wool appliqué. They are gorgeous. I've never made one before. So, I have a question. Are you able to wash these quilts? What kind of care do they if you do marking for the quilting or appliqué? Ok that's 2 questions. But I bought wool a long time ago, and I would love to make something, but I don't want to mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully done post, Paula! I feel like I am there and I definitely saved both of those shops to my favorite list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's too much!!! I can't do it all!!! I love so many of those quilts! Acccck! You've put me in quilty goodness overload...............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of wonderful pieces and quilts, wish I were with you, in a nice warm place, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Paulette. Such wonderful pictures. We are digging out from our snowfall on Long Island , Ny. So, this was exciting for me to see today ... What a great show. It's so great to see the quilts in real time size. And thanks for the links to the online stores. Might get in some trouble ordering today , having our snow day and all ... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful. Loved the Red Door booth, and Sew Cherished. Why, oh why, can't we have at least one quilt shop like these here in Victoria?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing these great pictures and the links. I follow the Red Door, but I must visit Sew Cherished. Amazing quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Thank you for taking all those pix! It was almost like being there, without the crowd. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! My back is sore from all that walking and shoving to get a good view of things. What a great day for you and your quilting friends. I imagine we will get to see pictures of your loot too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta love the Booths that aren't afraid of camera happy quilters. If I don't take a Picture I forget what I saw. Bus riding is fun on a Quilter-filed BUs. Gotta get signed up for a Bus ride someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the pictures! Such a great experience I'm sure and you get to do it every year.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't think your posts could get any more tempting and exciting. So many creative ideas and projects. I might have to considering checking it all out next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sew Cherished is an awesome place to buy stitchy stuff from! I had the fun of visiting Dawn's booth at a local quit show last year. She's so helpful and gracious at the booth, and that same positive vibe carries on when you call or email her shop and buy from her online. And, as you can see, her samples are so gorgeous!!! :-) Heart to Hand and Red Door are goodies too, though I haven't had the pleasure of visiting their booths at a show... yet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for taking all those fabulous pictures! I feel like I was along for the ride. Will definitely check out some of those online shops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved reading about your time at Road! I have gone many times before, but have missed the last couple of years. I hope to get to go next year though. Looks like you had fun. I loved the idea of a whole busload going together! How far did you travel?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had a great time!! Speaking of Norma, I received the most recent copy of Primitive Gatherings Magazine from her - she had extras up for grabs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous pictures ... wish I could have been there too! Question - you have some modern quilt shots and I'd love to find the pattern info for the Doe quilt in the first picture and the Kathy's Confetti quilt in the last picture of that bunch. Do you remember who's booth that was? I know modern isn't your style and as for me I love all different kinds of quilting. Thanks for including these pictures with all the others that have me drooling on my computer.

    ReplyDelete