Friday, January 9, 2015

Green Eggs and…Clams!

While at Quilters’ Faire, Sandy and I spotted this beauty…a Clamshell quilt made out of Kona Solids….We both stood gawking at it for quite some time…

IMG_0380

The quilt was composed of huge clam shells done in solids…and beautifully quilted!  We loved the way the quilter put a group of same colours with a pop of different colours randomly!  Yikes…are we turning ‘modern’?!

IMG_0385

We also agreed that it would be lovely in prints too!!

Nice…eh?

IMG_0386

And it boasted this sign…Free Pattern on the Craftsy Website…

IMG_0384

You can download the pattern here~Free Clam Shell Pattern…the rest is up to YOU!! :0))

Have a FUN Friday and happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. What a great quilt - and I love the quilting on it. Yes I find myself dipping my toe into the brighter fabric pool. I like it - not going to give up my wools and darks - no way sister - but like the brighter softer look enough to start collecting lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the pops of color. So far I haven't ventured into solids but I certainly do appreciate the modern quilts now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked this patter.....but in these colors, I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the solids give a different twist to the oattern.

    I also like how she/he spit the top back grown colours. Finally I like how the five different clams have different textured quilting in them along with the diferent quilting in the grey and white clams. Thanks for sharing this modern view with us Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I hear ya...every so often I see a modern quilt that screams my name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative post title, Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fun quilt and a fun way to quilt it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for showing this quilt, it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! If this means you're going modern, then I'm right behind you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely like the pops of color in this quilt! Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete