Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Progress Report…

The machine quilting is done and the binding is on ‘Winter Solstice’…I still need to do some big stitch quilting to give those big open spaces more interest….

IMG_3108

Notice the Valdani thread, needle threader and needle are tucked in a bag, ready to roll…and can you see the shapes that I drew in preparation for stitching….

IMG_3110IMG_3111IMG_3112

I am ready to put the binding on my Jan Patek  free Moda Blog Hop pattern ( geeze…I need a better name for this quilt!)  The big stitch quilting is almost finished…I just need to figure out how to quilt the outer edges…

IMG_3104IMG_3105

I forgot to bring the binding fabric from home and this is the best that I have…(see outer edge…) Good enough…unless I find something better in my travels.

IMG_3106

I am finished stitching the wool applique of the Old St. Nick quilt…Man, these are big honking applique pieces!  One more tree trunk to go…see the pin…

IMG_3113IMG_3115

Next up is to put on the HST borders!  They are prepped and ready to roll…maybe they will go on TODAY at CLUBHOUSE QUILTING!

To totally appreciate these pictures, you need to know that I was outside this morning at first light, in my fluffy pink bathrobe and slippers, with camera in hand, hair all matted to one side…no make-up on…yup…SCARY!  Do you KNOW how many people are out and about at that time in an RV Resort?…A LOT!!  Who knew?!  I’m sure they were wondering what the crazy lady was doing taking pictures of her table in the wee hours of the morning!  haha…let’s keep them guessing!  Oh, the things I do for this blog! :o))

So although nothing is finished, progress is being made!  Sometimes it feels like baby steps….sometimes it feels like giant leaps but I do love the process.  I get such satisfaction from each step…be it big or small!  What about YOU…are any steps happening in your camp?

Have a Wicked Wednesday and Happy Stitching!~P

17 comments:

  1. It's all beautiful! You are so talented! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful projects on the go! My favorite is Winter Solstice...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought all those quilts on your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh! I love the projects. We appreciate the sacrifices you make for us. Pink fuzzy bathrobe? Love it. I am working on putting the Grand Illusion mystery parts together. Halfway on the main blocks. Have a fun day. K-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby steps or giant leaps, they are all fun. So funny to think of you entertaining your neighbors this morning all for the good of the blog! I have been caught with a camera more than once standing on a chair or on the arm of my couch, taking pictures of quilts of course. My uncle thinks I'm a nut job I'm sure.:) LOVE your big stitching, on the Jan Patek esp. Yum....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot decide which one is my favorite, they are all so beautiful, congratulations Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of them, but the Jan Patek one is absolutely stunning! I might just have to go ahuntin' for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, you are getting a lot done and it all looks great! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ghost sheep and stars you are planning. Liking your Santa homespun quilt. Also liking your design modification on the Jan Patek freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby steps can add up to miles. You've got a lot of projects moving forward. All good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful- I love the texture and interest added with the big stitch quilting. I'm going to have to try this on an upcoming project; thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done a beautiful job on all of them. I really need to get my mind set back to quilting, I think having too many UFo's that i have to finish is what is stopping me, I just want to do something from start to finish and actually follow the pattern;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful quilts and such progress, careful you are going to finish up and need to go shopping for more!!! I love them and wish I had a good name for the MBH cutie, it does deserve a name as cute as it is! OK I am still chuckling about your photography session, LOL.....your adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've enjoyed your blog over the past year.. It's like checking in with a friend. Keep us smiling. Fae

    ReplyDelete
  15. What pattern is the Santa Quilt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post made me feel good. I think it's because the colors are so cheerful. Especially the blog quilt with the big stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woman, these are all fabulous!! You really do gorgeous work. :) Love those pink fuzzies that you dress up in for photo shoots. ;) Who is the Santa/Trees pattern by?

    ReplyDelete