Monday, January 26, 2015

It was Grand…as in Grand Country and Fat Quarters Shop….

Well my coffee is poured and the pictures are downloaded…are you ready for the FINAL pictures of the last two Quilt Shops of our Shop Hop? 

We had such a fun trip…and looking at the pics brings it all back again!  Claire and Glynis flew home yesterday and had a great time…and yes their suitcases weighed a ton!

Thought you might like to see on a map where all of these shops are…we travelled from Desert Hot Springs (Palm Springs) to Temecula (Wool Lady and Temecula Quilt Co) to La Mesa (The Country Loft) then back to San Marcos (Grand Country Quilter) and finally Vista (The Fat Quarters Shop).  Next year we will be adding Murrieta to the list as Primitive Gatherings CA will be open!!

quilt shop trip[5]

So today we are in Grand Country Quilt Shop…and I have to tell you, this shop may be small but it is mighty…as in mighty fine!  I always find something good here!

I was here just after Christmas and the shop was all decked out for Christmas… so this time the Christmas decorations and quilts were gone…except for this lone stocking quilt!  I love this quilt and am happy to report that I FINALLY have the pattern!  All is right with the world!

IMG_3304

All new quilts were hanging!  What a shop!

IMG_3307

They are having a class for making this quilt.  Well I can’t attend the class BUT I did buy the pattern and can hopefully muddle through it somehow!  She is a beauty…and there is something about a schoolhouse…without ME in it that I love!haha  Don’t get me wrong…I loved my Grade Ones…but I love retirement…and shop hops and quilting…and Snowbirding!  Yeehaw!!

IMG_3308

Lots of lovely wee projects!

IMG_3309

Loved this wool and cotton quilt and the kit was on SALE!

IMG_3310

Kits were available for most things….

IMG_3311

LOVED this elephant minkie…very sweet!

IMG_3312

Lots of wonderful Spring quilts on display…with lovely packages of fabrics ready and waiting to be bought and taken home!

IMG_3313

There is Claire pulling some yarn dyed fabrics…She bought a lovely selection!

IMG_3314

And here are the gals working their way to the till…Geeze I forgot to take a picture of the basket quilt under the Spring Quilt!  It was magnificent!

IMG_3315IMG_3316IMG_3317

I was going to toss this picture…but what a great shot of Glynis’ new shoes!!  CUTE!!  Who says this isn’t a fashion conscience blog?IMG_3318

Enough about shoes…Here’s a better picture of this quilt.  Look at how Cheri Payne takes an ordinary wee quilt and kicks it out of the ballpark by adding a little wool applique and a Happy Whatever message!

IMG_3319

SEW…we said goodbye to the Grand Country only to meet Neta over at the Fat Quarters Shop!  Neta is a professional quilter and she was dropping off this quilt to it’s owner!  Let me tell you, the pictures do not do it justice!

IMG_3380

It’s a Kim Diehl Quilt and it was beautifully pieced and beautifully quilted!

IMG_3381

Neta was kind enough to let me take pictures…and I said I would plug her business!

IMG_3382

So if you live near The Fat Quarters Shop and you have a quilt (or two) that needs quilting and you like what you see…then Neta may be that quilter!  Here is her email address…

IMG_3383IMG_3385

…Neta’s Quilted Stitches… at crzy4qlts@aol.com  and she is also on Facebook!IMG_3386

So ends our little Shop Hop Adventure!  Tomorrow (which for us was last Thursday) we are off to Road to California!  Lots more fun to show YOU!! 

I was going to end with a shot of my loot…but it is still on my camera card!  Hang on…(oh the things I do for this blog….:o)))

OK…

Here are the patterns~

IMG_3394

The wool~

IMG_3396

The fabric~

IMG_3397-001

Woolie Mammoth was talking about this new Fusible Web…got to give it a try!! 

IMG_3398

A kit~(the Pattern is in a Primitive Quilts Magazine so I’m not sure of the name…:)

IMG_3399

Threads and do-dads~

IMG_3400

And a FREE gift from the Wool Lady… a gift for coming all the way from Canada to see her!  She is such a sweetheart!IMG_3401

Whew!  I am now ready for a nap! 

You have a magical Monday and Happy Stitching!~P 

12 comments:

  1. Love shopping with you, fun to see the stores and the goodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful places and fun things to see! Thanks for sharing your adventures. I love the blue school houses quilt. When I first started quilting I was drawn to blues, then I went off on tangents for brights, Civil War, 30's, modern, dyed my own fabrics etc etc etc. Now I'm back to blues again. Isn't this hobby (addiction!) the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a profitable shop hop for the shops you visited and your stash enhancement endeavors!

    Glad you had a good visit with your friends. Look forward to the Road to California report.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lots of fun for you! Enjoy your warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue schoolhouse quilt pattern. That's going to be so much fun to make, all those different blues. I'm sure your friends will be having a great day today going through all their loot. It's very foggy this a.m., a good morning to have an extra cup of coffee and plan future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your tour. Lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Kim Diehl quilt! I think I have that pattern, and the scale is different than I thought. Or maybe the quilter enlarged it. Either way, lots of inspiration this past week, Paulette, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic loot! It all makes me want to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paulette, thank you so much for sharing your trip with all of us. I have absolutely loved it as so much of what you have shown we would never get to see down here in NZ. The quilts are truly amazing and all of the wee projects, everything is so inspirational. Loving all of the goodies that jumped in the car to come home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a life......it sure sounds like a fun time....especially with good friends......

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful road trip and thank you for sharing it with us....sounds like you all had lots of fun. Best times are always with friends......thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tours of the shops. Gee--I sure like what you bought. Good red wool. Guess it's for that red heart---love that pattern, but sort of think I saw it one of the Primitive Quilts magazine last year---but you know senior memory isn't too good.

    ReplyDelete