Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Projects At a Glance

Check out how Clubhouse Kim stays grounded and on task…and gets so much done!

IMG_3224

She keeps a chart and checklist of her many projects!  Kim follows Taryn from ‘From Pixel to Patchwork Blog’ and printed off this sheet that Taryn designed.  Kim says this is her list of Projects to be completed in 2015.  As she finishes each task, Kim can check off the special box. eg. M = Purchased Fabric, C=Material Cut, Bl=blocks Pieced and so on…(the code is at the bottom of the page)IMG_3225

I love lists…and I LOVE checklists!  Nothing is more satisfying then checking off a job completed!  This ‘may’ work for me!

IMG_3226

It may help YOU if you are a QAL addict.  Now I’m NOT talking about YOU specifically here… but some times quilters join quilt-a–longs…perhaps SEVERAL of them… and then find that you get behind and everything falls to the wayside or you forget the target date.  If this sounds familiar, then this sheet may help you stay organized, focused and on task!!

Or you may be like me…have stacks of totes full of UFOs!  You have great intensions…attack a project, only to lose steam…so you move onto another tote/project.  I think I will be printing off this sheet…OK several sheets, to help me organize my projects and keep track of them. 

OR are you one of ‘those’…(add Jaws music here)…you buy fabric/kits…(oh so pretty)… Put it in a drawer and forget about it…or maybe you look at it, pet it, admire it…but gawd forbid, NEVER cut it!  Yes, I confess…I am GUILTY as charged!!  We quilters are a funny lot.  What I am trying to say is… Perhaps if we WRITE IT DOWN it might motivate us to move along to the next step…and actually CUT the fabric!  There I’ve said IT!  Now wouldn’t THAT be a novel idea!! :o) 

If you are tired of spinning your wheels and getting no where, then this may be the answer…after all, it is a NEW YEAR, a good time to get organized and start fresh…SEW…if you would like your own  Projects at a Glance sheet, then head on over to “From Pixel to Patchwork Blog” and download this free checklist!  It’s certainly worth a try!

Thanks, Kim for sharing Taryn idea with us!!  And THANK YOU, Taryn for coming up with the idea and so generously making it available to us!  We appreciate it!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. What a great method. I can only dream of being this organized! I do keep lists, its just that I sometimes lose track of them. Thanks for this post - I'm going to try harder to stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now i can tick off " quilted" on number two on the list after a very productive day in the Clubhouse yesterday - can't wait for Road! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making a list of my ongoing projects is about as far as I get. But I love lists! And love checking things off lists:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should make a list of all the projects I am working on and want to make but then I might get too over whelmed, so taking on thing at a time, one day at a time;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on loving lists and checkboxes, and like you, this 'may' work for me. Just might have to give it a try and see where I end up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my name is Anna and I am a disorganized quilt addict....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good list. I carry a very detailed one for my quilting projects in my purse. The lady at the local quilt store always teases me about it because I have to pull it out to find out how many yards of backing to buy etc.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, if my list looked like that I think I would have to hide the list. It would scare me proving to me the amount I had to do! I like lists too but maybe for one like that I would need to add some things I had completed just to make it look better by having them ticked off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, and thank Kim for the checklist. Maybe there's hope for me to get organized yet! I find I don't get a lot done sometimes because I'm so overwhelmed by what I need to do and the deadlines I have. I'm going to give the checklist a try and see if it helps. (Can't hurt!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey P...thanks for the heads up on this. What a perfect tracker for Sandy and me and our little monthly projects! Printed out a bunch of them. You're a gem! Hi to Claire and Glynnis....Have fun and take tons of pics of the booths and your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I for one am trying to get more done this year. No list made though except the one in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried a lot of different ways to keep on schedule. Just this week I decided to throw out my stitching schedule all together. We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a UFO book to list my current projects andwhen I take the time to catch it up I'm a very happy quilter. Marking those UFO's off the list as DONE! Finished where I got the patterns and Who gets it is a great feeling. YES, You're talking to ME, the one with Star-itus every New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting printables. I might not want to plan my entire year out but this is great for monthly or quarterly goals. Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete