Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Construction Soars…

As you know I am part of Cotton n’ Wool Country Homespun Houses Construction Crew.  There are several of us building the same quilt…one house block a month!  Well, a few weeks back, Anne posted a picture of Jeanette’s FINISHED Country Homespun Quilt (you can SEE it here on Anne’s Cotton n’ Wool Blog.) 

Jeanette’s beauty had me rethinking my choice for the sashing and border fabric.  Don’t you hate that?  You know, you buy something that isn’t what you REALLY want but it’s close enough so you ‘make do’!  Well that’s what I did…The only fabric that I could find that was even remotely similar wasn’t even a Homespun but IT WAS black.  It would have been OK…but I wasn’t PERFECT…like in Jeanette’s quilt! 

So after searching the Internet, I found black Homespun with a fine gold check on Buggy Barn’s On Line Shop…

It arrived yesterday and after auditioning a few of the houses with the fabric…

         P1200249

…I came to the conclusion that is was perfect!!  I know it’s hard to see  in the picture…but trust me…It’s PERFECT!!

P1200250

So the Construction Company has been working round the clock..building more houses!!  Funny how the right construction equipment can cause a serge in production!:o)

AND…

How SWEET is Vicky B. from Heritage Quilting!…She read on my blog about my ‘new’ mid-arm quilting frame and machine, SEW she gave me Pantographs that she no longer needs!!  Very considerate and thoughtful!

P1200254

Thanks you SEW much, Vicky!!  FYI, Vicky writes a quilting blog too.  It’s called Loose Threads Vicky (such a cute name!) Make sure to  drop by and say HI!  Check out her quilts and her spectacular ocean views!  Ahhh…it’s a good life here on Vancouver Island!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. The black background makes the houses pop out nicely. No doubt housing starts are up in your neighbourhood!
    Sharon in Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hear it for Buggy Barn! Your right, the fabric is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful choice for the sashing! Your neighbourhood is coming along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your houses. I think I'm going to start a sampler by Lori Smith that has a house in it. And BTW, if you ever need a homespun color you can't find, let me know. I have a ton of homespun that we took off the etsy and ebay shops. Just tell me what color you need and I'll send you a pic. I'm going to do the sampler in homespuns and orange, brown, gold and I think throw in some grays. Have a great Tuesday!

    Cheery wave!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background does look perfect, and your houses are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect fabric for the houses, I always look for blacks like that when I stash up. Wonderful to have more pantographs, will be fun doing special designs on your quilts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric and may have to get some of that myself! lol coping is the highest form of flattery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, the houses are beautiful with the black Buggy Barn fabric showing them off so well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, that's the same one I got too. Can't wait to get started putting it on. I have to wait till all 12 blocks are done cuz I'm pretty anal about where the blocks should go. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be gorgeous!! Love your houses and the black is perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Paulette, thanks for the shoutout for my quilt. :-) I really do love it. I bought a kit when I made it. I switched out some of the fabric, but kept most of it. I would have never picked the fabric they did for the border and vines, but I wound up loving it. I like the one you picked. Yours will be great, too! I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey- thanks for the heads up on that Buggy Barn fabric. I found the same at Fabric Shack while ordering something else from them. Your houses look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still need to put up some garage sale sings to make it more realistic, or maybe some "For Sale by Owner" signs!

    ReplyDelete