Friday, November 4, 2011

We’re ‘HOME’!!

We arrived at The Sands yesterday afternoon and must admit that it felt like coming home!  Yahoo!

IMG_0209

After doing the usual hook-ups, our first big job was to get the dog fence up so that Molly and Rylie could be FREE to wander.  We start the fence at the front and go down the side and around the back.  Within 15 minutes the mutts were lying out on the mat enjoying the sunshine…now they know how to holiday!! 

We humans, on the other hand, have a long list of jobs to do before we can lay around enjoying the SUN!  Yes, the sun is shining and the temperature was about 23C….that’s about 77F…PERFECT!  It had been 90F (plus) just a few days earlier…this is more to my liking!

Here’s my view this morning as I enjoy my morning coffee and write my post…so different from back home…see the yuccas, the flowering oleander bush and the Palm Trees…and all that desert sand..the sun isn’t up yet…but it’s coming!

IMG_0214So today we will slowly work away at setting up our house on wheels…got to get all those sewing bins unpacked and dust off the GO!  haha  Hey, I have my priorities straight!! 

Maybe tomorrow I might have something quilty to show you…

BUT in the meantime…think I’ll pour myself another coffee and finish watching the sun come up…

IMG_0224

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

24 comments:

  1. Welcome 'home'. Now relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you arrived safely. Let the fun begin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect morning Paulette. I too watched the sun come up over the lake in a pinky orange burst - inspiration for a new quilt? - maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to USA! and your winter home. Enjoy!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the snow begins to fall here in Calgary, that sounds like a much better place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better than a good cup of coffee and watching the sun rise. It's sunny here today and the sun rise was lovely, but the temperature, not so much; very cold and frosty. Enjoy your warm, sunny day and good luck with the unpacking. It's a big job, but those bins won't unpack themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful view to enjoy that first cup of coffee. I'm glad you arrived safe and sound - now the fun can begin :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to start your day. Happy wintering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As for myself I would rather watch the sun set, because it rises too early for me. Glad you have arrived at your destination, now the fun begins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear you arrived safely and now you are able to relax ,enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it safe and sound, looks like a lovely day to enjoy.

    Sunny here on the west coast, off to stitch with friends.

    Can't wait to hear what adventures you have this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy to hear you made it safe and sound, now you can relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect. All that work to get ready for trip and now the reward. Sit back, relax, enjoy. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I are thinking about rving. Can you tell me more about that fence? Thanks, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great place to spend the winter months! Will you be in the same place the whole time?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I gotta know more about this dog fence... I'm learning a lot from you for 'one day'. We were wondering how to travel with dogs. You seem to have it all figured out. Enjoy being 'home'.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI..we too live several months in our RV, however, we reverse it and travel north to Vermont or New Hampshire in the summer - too hot here in South Carolina, but just right in the winter. I was wondering what type coach you have and how you set it up for sewing. We have an Allegro bus (Tiffin Co.) and I always feel I;m taking up all available space with my fabric, and machines. My husband is very understanding though (lucky for him AND me). So how does it work out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paulette, so nice to hear that you arrived safely and are getting organized so you can get your sewing started! Breathe a sigh of relief, enjoy the coffee mornings, and plug in the sewing machine!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so jealous. Oh wait, I live here silly me! LOL Welcome "home" again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh the view looks wonderful!!! Glad to here you made it safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. welcome home Sweet P family..welcome home!!..looks lovely!..enjoy the peace and quiet in the mornings!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 90 is just way too hot! The sunrise is beautiful. I think we all need to get up every now and then and see one. There is something so peaceful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're making me long for my old trips to see my girlfriend on 20th Ave there in DHS!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete