Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Quilt Show

Sew Cal Gal is up to her old Christmas tricks!

Yup, it’s that time of year again…it’s her annual Christmas Quilt Show…and here I am with no Christmas Quilts to show…BUT I did just finish the ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’ pillow…I wonder if that will do?…or will I get tossed out of the show on my ear?  Shhhh…if you don’t say anything, neither will I and maybe Darlene won’t notice!  It does have a Christmas theme…and it IS a warm pillow…

P1160327

Zooming in for a close-up…My girl seems surprised to be in the Show!

P1160328

As luck would have it, I found this red and green plaid wool in the remnant bin at JoAnn’s today…SEW I was able to finish this baby off and in plenty of time for Christmas!

P1160329

Sorry Rylie…I didn’t mean to wake you…

P1160333

We have TWO VERY tired poopies on our hands tonight…must have been that LONG and steep hike up to see Bob Hope’s house this morning..

P1160334

FYI~This is a JoAnn Mullaly (JAM) pattern and you can order it from the Country Loft Quilt Shop.  While you are there have a look around…LOTS of eye candy!!

P1160336

The pillow is wool applique stitched onto a wool pillow.

P1160330

Sew Cal Gal’s Quilt Shows are always lots of fun to enter with lots of Christmas Quilts (and pillows:) to see and tons of inspiration to get you motivate for your next Christmas project…Hurry over now…enter and view…YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!

Before I go I just HAVE to show you Bob Hope’s house which sits high on a mountain overlooking the Palm Springs area…looks like a space ship, doesn’t it!

image

Resting…and enjoying the view…

image

It took us an hour to get to Bob Hope’s house…see the trail…narrow and zigzags up the side of the mountain…

image

You go around one mountain and suddenly see it…perched on top…KING of the Mountain!  Apparently Bob Hope hated this house and used it only for entertaining.  He lived in a modest bungalow in an older subdivision behind Palm springs.

image

It was a great hike…a little strenuous at times but definitely worth the view!

Have a Wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

52 comments:

  1. Your pillow is a perfect entrance to the quilt show!@ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wool. Your pillow is oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your blog. I check in every morning with my cup of coffee and once I see your post know that all is well in the world and I can get on with my day. You do such beautiful work and I'm in awe of all of your creations. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your pillow came out, perfect design for decorating with. Stalking Bob Hope? LOL

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That plaid fabric is so perfect for your pillow. Excellent job, Paulette. A perfect addition to the quilt show, I think. And what a trek you had to Bob's. Too bad he wasn't still around to welcome you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute pillow. Enjoyed the view. My son just hiked from Palm Springs to the top of somewhere, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if you get tossed out of the show, I suppose I should too. My quilt is old: circa 1989. But it is part of my Christmas decorations and I do love it so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pillow! Your wool work is always so lovely. Imagine...a house just for entertaining when so many barely have a house to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillow is wonderful. Your lady has such a great expression!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pillow and the plaid border. It's the perfect fabric. Your dogs are right where they want to be, aren't they? Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pillow is so beautiful and almost tells a story with the applique. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is avery sweet pillow, great job!! and the babies are just adorable :):) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute wool pillow. Thank you for sharing your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pillow is darling! Somehow I can't picture Bob Hope in that house, I wonder why he bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute pillow. And those tired little puppies are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pillow turned out soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, if you get tossed out, I guess they'll kick me out, too....mine is a tablerunner! LOL Love your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to see your lovely wools in the Christmas show. I have enjoyed watching it grow along the way.
    Your pillow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the pillow turned out perfect!!..good luck in the quilt show..I am sure you won't be thrown out!..maybe you will win the prize for the best pillow?
    tired dogs are happy dogs!!..nice work climbing the goat trail!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cushion. I love that you've used plaid wool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cushion is great and definitely belongs in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful entry! Touches a chord for me, with two kids off at college. I should make them pillows like this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a wicked day? LOVE that!!! And I enjoyed the pics of Bob Hope's house..who knew? I won't tell because I love the pillow!!! Especially her sweet face. Glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice wool project, I enjoyed following your progress making it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing your wonderful holiday pillow! This one is really cute! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice pillow - I love the fabric you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute! You have such darling wool prokects!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome pillow! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a fun pillow! i love the subtle plaids...

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great pillow. Read your blog and had to become a follower! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love, love, love this pillow Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I spy another spoiled quilting dog!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great work on the Chrismas pillow :-) Cute dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your pillow! Thanks for sharing it with us. :o) (my lips are sealed-ha)

    ReplyDelete
  36. your pillow is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks like a home-spun Christmas - great job! And thanks for sharing Bob Hope's house with us - the style is certainly one to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your pillow. Your little girl is so precious.
    SallyKingemail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Really lovely pillows. Love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love, love the "I'll Be Home For Christmas" design.

    ReplyDelete