Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Highlights…

My middle daughter, Maggie came home for the weekend.  It’s always nice to have one of the ‘girls’ home…but it also reminds me of how much I miss not having them all living close by…:o(   You know how we Mama Hens are…want the chicks close to the nest!  What with career choices, the economy and job placements..that isn’t always possible!

We had such a fun weekend…lunch out at our favourite place, lots of shopping (yes, I actually STARTED my Christmas shopping) and of course coffee from Starbuck’s for the road home.  We ended up renting a Chick Flick and ordering Chinese Food for Saturday night. 

So lots of fun and very little stitching…so no quilting NEWS.  However I did want to show you what arrived in the mail this week…all the way from Israel!  I won a Give Away from the Fall into Fall Blogger’s Give Away and this is what I received…!

P1100493

I have never owned batiks before…so what a lovely way to get started!!  This fabric FEELS even better than it looks…crisp but yet soft..and SEW vibrant!!  I can feel a new addiction starting….

P1100492

Thanks SO much Debbie!  If you enjoy fibre art then you MUST check out Debbie’s blog… Debbie Fibre Works…lots of gorgeous eye candy!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. A fun week end with your daughter sounds wonderful. :-)

    Enjoy your new addiction - I mean Batiks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the one I wanted to win;( I love those batiks, such beautiful colors. Lucky you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics you Lucky gal! I had never worked with Batiks either until this summer when I made a Wedding Gift quilt for my cousin and his Hawaiian bride. They loved the quilt and I was pleased at how it turned out. You will have fun creating with it. Be sure and show us the finished project.
    What a fun time with your daughter. I too like it when all the "chicks" are at home. I'm hoping my DD in Calgary comes home this wk-end for the CFR. I shouldn't complain though. I just hope none of my girls ends up in a foreign country. I want to see them at least once a month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool was it to be receiving something from Brazil. Quilting is a hobby with world wide friends. Love the colors and yes I have worked with Batiks and OH is it addicting. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love Batiks but lets face it I'd take anything free! I pieced my Mother's 80th Birthday quilt out of Batiks. She lives in a Lodge and because she has it on her bed Batiks will stand up to a lot of laundering. Sounds like a great weekend. I spent mine at a quilt retreat, first ever and I really enjoyed it, lots of quilting, no meals to make and laughing until my sides were sore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous batiks in such an array of colors! You are well on your way to a nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Batiks are yummy......I lurve batiks......yours are specially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to do things with our "girls", that is for sure! Love the batiks. Such rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful Fabrics! I am just developing a soft spot for Batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to have your daughter home! Glad you were able to enjoy the time with her. Lovely win - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to have your daughter home for the weekend! Beautiful batiks!!

    ReplyDelete