Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Spring Fling Quilt Shop Hop…

Yesterday you heard about the Hop from Hell…now you have to see the Shops from Heaven…ahhh the lucky Quilters who live around here!!  They have seven wonderful shops at their door step!

Our first stop (when we FINALLY got there) was the Busy Bee Quilt Shop.

P1120026

Very cute shop and the the ladies working there were VERY nice and friendly…we were their first customers of the day!  I think they were just as excited to see us… as we were to see them!!

Doris and Pauline examined the Busy Bee’s quilt….Each shop gives each ‘hopper’ a free fat quarter and pattern.  This is the quilt that the Busy Bee made using the fabric and pattern that they gave away.

P1120013

Isn’t this little quilt adorable…He loves me!  He loves me not!  See how each pot loses a petal until there are no petals left.  Very cute!

P1120014P1120015P1120016P1120017

A block away was the Quiet Mouse Quilt Shop….  Hey we didn’t get lost!!

P1120018

Lots of lovely quilts hanging…tons of eye candy!

P1120028P1120029P1120030

See this baby quilt…I bought the kit for only $11!!  Score! (It was half price!)

P1120031

I also bought the pattern to make this quilt!

P1120032P1120033

Finally… we arrived at MY personal favourite shop of the Hop!!  I was so excited to get there that I forgot to get my passport stamped and get my free fat quarter!!  I had to run back…I’m such a moron!  Hey girls…wait up!!

P1120034

Ohhhh….I see a NEW quilt hanging on the wall!  SEW pretty!(Remember I was at the Calico Horse Quilt Shop a few weeks ago with Seattle Judy and Alice…we had such fun!!  If you missed that visit you can still see the shop HERE!!)

P1120036

Donna (on the right) was behind the counter…I met her last time!  She is the owner of the shop and she is so nice!  Her side kick is Dora (on the left) and I discovered that she reads my Blog!!  I am always surprised, shocked and a little embarrassed when I meet someone who reads my blog.  I just write…send it out ‘there’ and hope someone reads it!  I’m thrilled to actually meet a live person who reads these words!! So “Hi Dora…it was SEW nice to meet YOU!!”

P1120038

Here’s the Calico Horse Quilt Shop Hop’s pattern made from the Free Fat Quarter Fabric…definitely my favourite!!

P1120039

The Calico Horse is famous for their Civil War Fabric and quilts…

P1120041

Several of the ladies at The Sands bought wool kits…The Calico Horse has a great selection of patterns, wool and kits.  Our next quilting day will be a Woolie Wednesday for sure!!

P1120042

Donna made this sweet little table topper…so sweet!

P1120043

Our next shop was Stars and Scraps…another wonderful shop!! 

P1120044

Tons of quilts, wool and patterns!

P1120045P1120046P1120047

This is their free pattern using the fat quarter that they gave us!

P1120048

I loved this little topper so much that I bought one of the kits.  The colours are perfect for my kitchen!

P1120049

You need to tilt you head to the right in order to see this pretty wool on cotton runner….something else that I need to make!!

P1120050P1120051

Yes, when we arrived we filled the shop!!  Nine of us!  Like a swarm of hungry locusts devouring everything in sight…haha!  But seriously…there’s nothing like a shop hop to bond a group of quilters!!  This coming Wednesday when we all get together we will have a good laugh over our misbehaving GPS and then of course there was that FLAT tire!! (see yesterday’s post)  Why is it so funny after the fact?!

P1120052

Our last stop was in Hemet…such a cute shop!

P1120054

The Cotton Lane Quilting Shop is small but cute.  I could see lots of improvements from last year-the walls were painted and the inventory has expanded.  This shop is going to be like a fine wine…it’s getting better with age!

P1120055

I must have been losing steam…forgot to take pictures…Sorry about that!  But I think you get the idea.  I also forgot to take pictures of us having lunch in Corona…so good!!  I was too busy chowing down!!  So all in all a wonderful time was had by all…and of course all of our bags were full!!  I’ll give you a peak inside my bag tomorrow!!  I’ve got to milk this Fling for all it’s worth!!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. What a great show and I do love that love me quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My header has that "loves me, loves me not" quilt that I made for a granddaughter several years ago. Your shop hop looks and sounds like such fun. Must be time for our bee to get out on the road again and visit a few that are in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "Pushin' Up Daisies" runner. Can you tell me who the pattern designer is? Thank you!

    Julie
    jaforslev@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bunch of photos...the gals in Ca. sure have a selection, I am so jealous. How does the US inventory and prices compare for you in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table topper kit that you bought. Looks like some really great shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SEW jealous! But, your pictures help ease the "pain" of not being able to be there in person. Great Photos!

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....eye candy over load....that made it all worthwhile I am sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to spend the day, detours and all! My favorite quilt shop closed several years ago and I have to drive a bit to go to one now. And my husband wonders how I can spend so much time in a fabric store! Silly man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are almost as much fun as being there --thanks for taking us along. I clicked on lots of the pictures so I could take it all in -- just fabulous. And remember a good story is better than a good time- and somehow I think you got both out of this adventure - take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..lots of shops in a day..wow... amazing ...drooling too..hahaha... looks like alls well ends well...good shop hopping girls..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your quilt shop adventure and pictures.

    Awesome shops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Paulette! It was sew nice to meet you too! Hope you girls had a good time on the Spring Fling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like you all had a 'flinging' good time!!..sew much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like a fantastic way to spend a day! I dream of those days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What inspiring photos--- how could anyone have quilter's block after seeing them!!!

    ReplyDelete