Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Calico Horse Quilt Shop

Seattle Judy needed some background Civil War Fabric to finish off her quilt and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Calico Horse in Redlands…!!  Does a dog have fleas?  Is the Pope Catholic?  Is our house on wheel?  YES!!!

Now this Quilt Shop is in my top three list…LOVE this shop!!  It’s about a 35 minute drive down the Freeway towards LA.  So last Friday, Judy, myself and Chris, another Civil War Fabric lover, tootled off down the freeway!

Here’s Chris and Judy…I’m taking the picture…see the reflection..

P1110630

OK..enough of the outside!  Let’s get inside!!

P1110633

Ahhhh…just like I remembered!!  Tons of gorgeous Civil War Fabric.

P1110634

Wonderful books…

P1110635

And the quilts…corrections…the stunning quilts!!

P1110636sd sP1110637

As a beginner hand appliquer I was in awe of this quilt!!  Gorgeous!!

P1110639

Look at that little house quilt on the bottom shelf!!  SEW sweet!

P1110641

Here’s a close-up of it!!  LOVE it!!

P1110642

This fabric is called Remembrance by Moda…love it!!

P1110644

Wonderful wool projects and tons of perle cotton thread.

P1110645P1110646

Love all the quilts on display…and each quilt is kitted up ready for purchase!!  Ah…to be rich!!

P1110647

We had a wonderful time…ending the day at Starbuck’s!  There’s nothing like having a cup of coffee with quilting friends …to discuss quilts, projects and of course…all of our great buys!  SEW exciting!!

Have a Super Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

28 comments:

  1. Hey, Paulette,

    Do you know the name of the Christmas quilt? Is it a pattern or BOM?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shop. The only ones open on sundays here, are the regular ones, no prim ones.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great way to spend and afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely a fabulous shop. Glad they let you take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us along! I enjoyed the sunshine and all the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another quilt shop overload!..yeah for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my faves, too! I swear, Paulette, you make it to more of my "locals" than I do, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a great day Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful shop - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful shoppe. Looks like you are having just too much fun girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are a feast for the eyes!! I wish I lived close so that I could visit that shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a great day with great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how awesome...i'm at best buy on a demo lap top so i can read your blog without disconnecting from my wireless! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the quilt shop tour. Loving all the Civil War fabrics of course. Also some great patterns. It's nice to take a day trip with friends. I hope to be doing that next month to the quilt show in Monroe, Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is no better day than shopping for FABRIC (not pants) and a Starbucks! I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice quilt shop! That looks like a place I'd love to spend a few hours in. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that's one shop to put on the Must Visit list. Even on the other side of the world, you gotta set some goals. If I put it on my list, ill that make it happen do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well you shared your friends and this lovely shop but what did you buy?? Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Civil war DROOL! Man, those are my kinda' quilts! THis shop is now on the master list! Thanks Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that is some shop! Oh to be back on the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh would I love to go there! I'm a sucker for civil war fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to live about 1.5 miles from this quilt store.. it is a fabulous shop.. I miss all the wonderful friends I made there at my Friday night sew.. I moved to AZ 4 years ago.. it is a treat to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woww. If i'd gone in there yesterday, I think I'd still be there now. It looks fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics, Paulette! You're still having fun so that's a good thing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The little house quilt is a winner! Wonder how big the blocks are.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had a friend tell me about your'e post. Thank you so much for coming in and all the wonderful pictures you took, it was a real joy to see this.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete