Sunday, March 6, 2011

HOT! HOT! HOT!…

…and I’m not talking about the weather, although that was HOT too!!  I’m talking about the Garage Sales yesterday!!  What a day!

Just check out this Church Parking Lot and it went way over to the right!  What a view…!!  See why I love it here…only in the Palm Springs area can you go to a GS and have views like this!! Not that I noticed… I am right in the middle of this picture with my head in a box going through a big box of scarves..the lady in white is blocking my butt…so that’s a good thing!

image

Everywhere we turned there were Garage Sales…and not just at one house but whole neighbourhoods! It was like going Trick or Treating…Throw in TWO Church Garage Sales and man you are talking my language!P1110978P1110979P1110980P1110981

So what did I buy…well I saw SO many things that I could have bought had we been at home but remember we have to haul these things 1300 miles.  The patio set and the gorgeous chair wouldn’t fair well strapped to the roof of the RV!!

I bought clothes…

P1110982

…tons of clothes!

P1110983

  I couldn’t help myself!  Everything was $1.00 each or less!  I bought the most at the two Church sales…both places had set their prices low…and the clothes were really good quality. I love the rose coloured jacket…like new!  What’s a girl to do?  I just had to support their venture and it WAS for a good cause…

I also bought this pillow and dish…

P1110985

Let’s zoom in for a close-up…it’s one of my pricier finds…$3!  LOVE it!  AND bonus..NO CHIPS!  haha

P1110986

And this adorable pillow will add a little class to our house on wheels…AND in a pinch I can always use that beaded thing for a belt!

P1110987

Yup, it was a great day…and when we got back to The Sands I hauled all my NEW TO ME loot to the laundry!  My friends Sandy and Jennifer were already in the pool waiting for me!  Sure glad they saved a little water for me!

Ahhhh…life at The Sands is grand!

Have a Super Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

13 comments:

  1. Oh yes......now that is a garage sell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, one of the best things about spring is the first garage sales of the season. By the middle of May, I'm ready to spend my time cleaning the yard. Come on sunny days!! (S***ed here last night yet again contributing to Northern Indiana's 100+ inches for the season). Sick of It!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulette, thank you for the photo of San Jacinto.
    Oh, how I would love to have been there with you.
    You, Garage Sale
    Me, taking in the beauty of this mountain.
    You know, I grew up with this beautiful mountain.
    Used to sit in the class room and look out the window and take in it's wonder and beauty.
    Thanks for a great view of the mountain and blue sky.
    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I knew you'd make a killing!! I'm just so envious, you are so living my dream...retirement, traveling, quilt shops, thrift shops, garage sales and free to do what you want when you want. Six & a half more years for me. Until then I live vicariously thru you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love the dish! Good buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun!
    I have to tell you...this last weekend in doing a show in Texas this lady told me her husband graduated from Indio High. I couldn't believe it. He graduated from the same school as me...and was in the same grade as my brother. She went and got him on the phone...and his name was the same as my dad's.
    Small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoo hoo!..what a shopper!!!..glad your had success at the garage sale!!..love the prices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so envious!! No sales yet at home, guess everyone is waiting for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Paulette- you are keeping busy and that's a good thing!!:) Just look at that beautiful blue sky- lifts my spirits just looking at it. Looks like you hit the jackpot with all the clothes! Thanks for all the great pics you send- just love following you around!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sounds like a great day with great bargains. :)

    Have a great week!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a great haul. I love the colour of the rose jacket too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your treasures!!
    I too love a Church sale!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your GS with us, Paulette. I LOVE your photos!

    I've been MIA for awhile - been committed to other things so forgive me for not stopping by your blog for such a long period of time.

    I've missed your RV stories and places. But hopefully I can get back to my blogging more frequently soon.

    I especially LOVE your time in PS because of having lived in Palm Desert so long and can relate to so much of what you blog about. Bless you for sharing so many wonderful posts.

    Oh my, that platter is simply wonderful - and all those gorgeous clothes !! What's a poor girl to do you ask? Well, have hubby take you out to eat, even if it's McD's to show off that fantastic red jacket ! LOL

    Hugs to you - and missing you.

    ReplyDelete