Monday, March 21, 2011

GO!ing on 7 months!!

I can’t believe it’s been only 7 months since I received my GO!  I thought by now all quilters EVERYWHERE would know exactly what an AccuQuilt GO! was…I mean really…we bloggers have talked about NOTHING ELSE…BUT as usual I was wrong!

At our Wednesday Club House Quilting I mentioned that I owned a GO! and no one knew what I was talking about!  I tried to explain to the girls exactly what it was but finally gave up and told them to check my blog…I would write a post about the GO! and what she can do… complete with pictures.  

So here she is newly out of the box…all shiny and new!!  Isn’t she pretty…cutting edge!

image

One of my first projects was this quilt…using the 1  1/2 strip cutter!  You can GO! here for the tutorial on how to make this quilt…

I got a little carried away and cut SEW many strips that I had enough to make…

image

..this little quilt…AND I still have a bag full of strips left over!

image

Then I made this Star runner using Alex Anderson’s Star Delight Pattern the one that comes with the Half Square Triangle dies…LOVE it and so easy using the GO!

image

I made this for the 5th Wheel…it looks great on top of the fireplace.

image

Using the same die it was easy to whip up these flying geese for this…

image

..little Snowman Quilt! 

image

Then I cut out these Dresden plates using the Dresden die cutter!  10 minutes and a bunch of old shirts and I had enough petals/blades to make enough Dresden plates for a whole quilt!

image

I couldn’t stop there…I was possessed… just had to make more Dresden Plates…and then I got out my circle dies for slightly bigger centres…LOVE these guys!!

image

I needed a quick charity quilt and using my trusty GO! I cut out these bow ties…it was a snap to make and so pretty that I had to make MORE!!

image

FOUR more!!

image

Before we left Snow birding, I had a GO! Party where my friends brought their fabric and cut away!!  I’m hoping to see their finished quilts when I get home…(Ladies if you haven’t finished then get sewing!!)

image

When I saw this sweet little runner that Vicki made I saw a new use for the GO! Hexagon die…the tutorial for this gorgeous table topper is HERE!

image

Finally I finished hand quilting this quilt while down here in Desert Hot Springs…and it’s one of my favourites!  It’s call Rob Peter to Pay Paul….

P1120113

Isn’t it pretty…I used one Layer Cake of Blackbird fabric…

P1120114

You can find the Tutorial on how to make the GO! Rob Peter to Pay Paul HERE.

P1120115

All of these projects were done in four months time because in December we packed up the 5th wheel and headed South…I couldn’t leave my GO! all alone at home…so my friend Claire offered to  babysit and look what she is making…a GO!rgeous baby quilt!!  Can’t wait to see this finished!!

image

So do you think I love my GO!?  YES!  Do you think I could have made all these quilts without the GO!? NEVER!! 

To see more GO! ideas and tutorials then you need to hurry over to Sew Cal Gals blog!!  Darlene has worked extremely hard at compiling 82 different tutorials taken from GO! Bloggers. 

So what do you think now Clubhouse Quilters?  You’ve seen what the GO! can do!…and I see JoAnn’s has the GO! on sale…and our Canadian dollar is REALLY strong right now…I’m just sayin’! 

Man…look at all the dust from all the cars leaving the park!!  (cough…cough…)  Wonder where everyone is GO!ing?

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. Spread the GO! word, gal.
    I saw your name in as many giveaways as my own, didn't I.
    I bought mine 'cause I couldn't wait. The Go! dies are the greatest ! !
    How many do you own now?
    There's always just one more we gotta have.
    Hearing you talk about DHS is strange to my ears, you know, it's still 'home' in my heart.
    GO! Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hadn't realized how many projects you'd done with your GO. I received one at Christmas but have not pulled it out of the box yet. I think I need to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm as guilty as Jackie and you have inspired me as well. Really enjoyed this blog! When do you head home? I think spring is coming - feels warmer the past couple of days, but is raining today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only made a rag quilt with my go so far! But I hope to use it more in the future. =)

    I love your snowman quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You "GO" girl!! Wow, you must sew at lighting speeds and your quilts are fabulous! Does your sewing machine actually "smoke" when you are sewing up all those wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You really have been on the "GO". I've put my name in to win every single giveaway I can find but no luck. Guess I'm just going to have to buy my own. Looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really made a lot of beautiful things from the Go dies. I got the apple core and small tumblers, so want to try those next.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now let's hope all those gals GO and buy a GO. Your projects/quilts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had my Go! for about five months, but never realized that I needed that 1 1/2" strip cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been loving mine since I got it at Christmas. My husband is happy to see me using my new 'tool' all the time. my favourite die is the 2.5" strip cutter. have you turned your strips perpendicular, line up, cut and made squares yet? It is so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SIGH...Paulette, you just had to taunt me again with those beautiful quilts! Since your Lady Go!Go! makes cutting and piecing so quick and easy, you wouldn't mind sending a few my way...right? Ummm...right? Let's see...I'll take a Star runner, a cute little Snowman Quilt, a Rob Peter to Pay Paul Quilt.........

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hard to believe nobody there had heard of them, lol - good for you on spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! My....... I recognize several of those quilts by the patterns I own and haven't made yet ......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely little wander back through time to see some of your lovely projects. And if you add in all the non-Go ones, you have been very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ditto to Elyte's comment.

    You have a wonderful talent.

    Wonder if anyone in NZ knows about GO.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are the 'fastest quilter' in the west with that 'go machine'...love all the work you have done but my favourite?..the one you did for the top of fireplace in the 'fiver'!!..great job Paulette..one day when I grow up I want to be able to quilt just like you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope GO is hitting the shops in Australia soon, because you just convinced me that I need one! That and the fact I spent an hour cutting 2.5 inch squares today and have a very small pile to show for it! Happy quilting and thanks for the great eye candy, Sue SA.

    ReplyDelete