Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sew cool!

Have you seen this NEW quilting machine?!  It’s by Baby Lock and it’s the first of it’s kind…it hand quilts!

image

They were demonstrating it at the Busy Bee Quilting Shop in Calimesa during the Spring Fling Quilt Hop!  I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it!!  VERY COOL!  You can create traditional hand quilting stitches with this machine.

So you would use your old machine to create your quilt top, then you would switch over to this machine for the quilting…the stitches are uniform and gorgeous…giving your quilt a hand stitching look in just seconds!  AND you can adjust the stitch length…so if you want a fine hand stitched look you have got it with just a flip of the switch.  If you want a bigger, primitive stitched look adjust the switch and in seconds you have got it done!

image

I got this picture off the Baby Lock website…in real life the actual stitching looks WAY better!  The Sashiko Baby Lock is the only machine on the market that produces a running stitch. It feeds from the bobbin only, no top thread!  And NO I’m not selling these machines…just thought they were VERY COOL! 

So if you want the hand stitched look and have a couple of thousand dollars laying around, then this is the Baby (Lock)for you!!  As for me…I’m  threading the ol’ needle…sigh…ahhhh to be rich…

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

  1. That 'sew cool' :-)

    I've been peeking over your shoulder in recent days and you are simply having way too much fun! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much, how much, How MUCH???? I want one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nice, wonder if it does free motion.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I want one too! Now I know what I'll be looking for at our Creativ Festival in April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For myself who does zero hand quilting but loves the look this machine would be the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Me too, me too.....Does anyone know where I could find a Boy Toy with Sugar Daddy funds?? I think that's what I would need to have one of those right now. Sweet Machine..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Paulette that I can get software for my machine that does that stitch...just didnt know what it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this machine, but had no idea how much it cost...yikes! Don't think I'll be purchasing it anytime soon either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is way cooler than the hand-stitch you get on other machines that uses clear filament thread in the top and pulls the bobbin thread up. Way cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so right..that is sew cool!..to cool for my budget though!..nice if you had a big 'fat wallet though'!!.. happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree...too cool for the quilt budget. It is too bad they can't market them at a cheaper price and then more quilters would buy them...economies of scale.... ack I would LOVE one!And i bet you don't have to practice as much to get the stitches perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously girl! Following your blog could put me in the poor house if there was anywhere for me to shop here!! Thankfully I can "shop" vicariously through you! I hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a cool machine, wait a minute while I run to the back yard and shake the money tree. I like K and D's idea about selling them cheaper but sell more of them.

    ReplyDelete