Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quilt a Gift

The other day I went into JoAnn’s Fabric and Craft Shop…Man I love this store!!  ALL the quilting books were on 40% off!!  I leafed through all of the books before I came to this one…such a sweet book….  It’s called ‘Quilt a Gift’ by Barri Sue Gaudet.P1110917

Just look at the projects…cute or what…

P1110920

And look at this baby pocket holder wall hanging…SEW sweet!!  Someday…who knows…I might become a Grammy…and I could do what Gwen is doing~ make and stockpile things for her imaginary grandkids.  IF I should do this then I think I would definitely start with this!  Isn’t it cute..and all the appliques are done in soft pastel wools!

P1110921

This is an advent calendar…these are a few of the pockets.  Adorable!!

P1110922

Be warned…if you pick this book up to leaf through it, the chances are VERY good that you are going to buy it…and if JoAnn is having a sale the chances just went sky high!!

P1110918

Barrie has a wonderful blog that you might want to visit…Her blog is a lot like this book…if you open it you are going to want to follow!  Lots of great eye candy!! You will find it HERE!

YIKES!  Is it really March 1st ALREADY?!  We have been gone over 2 months now and it feels like just a couple of weeks!!  Time is flying….

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. Very sweet book - I love her style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I have this book also, very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book and I want to make everything in it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love JoAnn's.....love the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a favorite book among the local quilters...especially with the prospective grannies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok - now I have to go to Joanns today and find this book -- I love every project shown. Thanks for leading me down another path -LOL!
    (memo to self -buy more felt too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using their coupons and the sales.
    They are getting more good books in now, so great for saving.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We go up to that area every so often for camping, I wanted to go to that shop when we were coming back home last time but sadly hubby said we didn't have time to stop. He's not big on stopping for me for quilt shops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why don't I live in your neighbourhood. I am so jealous!!!!! 40% off, unbelieveable.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay... I will have to look for it. What a wonderful source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a good book to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice book filled with some great ideas!!!
    hard to believe that you have been gone for two months already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks hon I just put that book on hold at the library - not in the budget right now, but I can keep it out for three weeks at least!

    ReplyDelete
  14. DH brought me that book last year and it is great, I have made the flannel throws (one in pink and one in blue) which look great and they were so easy, perfect gifts! I also made one of the stitching kits to give away (to quilters affected by floods) so I can whole heartedly say that it is the BEST gift idea book I have ever had! Happy quilting Sue SA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok - now I have to go to Joanns today and find this book -- I love every project shown. Thanks for leading me down another path -LOL! (memo to self -buy more felt too!)

    ReplyDelete