Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring is just around the corner…

or so these sweet little birds are telling me!  image

These little baby  birds are from Needl'Love book “Meadowsweet Home”. image

The Pattern is designed by Maggie Bonanomi the same quilter who designed Settler’s Pride.  I love this sweet little wool rug! 

image

This is what my friend Claire is working on!   It is one of my all time favourite patterns and of course Claire is doing it justice!!  Claire is the master at wool applique!  Gorgeous job!  Claire is using ordinary thread as the wool pieces are so small.  (You don’t want to overpower the piece by using a thick thread.)

image

…I think Claire must be thinking about Spring while stitching this…it’s been a long, cold Winter on Vancouver Island…Claire has 1 year and three months until retirement…Keep stitching, Claire! Time goes by faster when you stitch…Thanks for sharing!  This little rug is going to be VERY special!

image

I am off to Palm Springs this morning to get my haircut…it’s been driving me crazy!  I think I will ask for a Marilyn Monroe make-over! Winking smile

Have a Marilyn Monroe kind of Monday and Happy Stitching!~P

11 comments:

  1. Hope all went well with your P.S trip, Marilyn.
    I'm still dreaming about San Jacinto.
    Your shot with the blue sky included is really beautiful.
    Oh, did I just call you Marilyn?
    :*0

    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice project.please share your new do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use 50 wt. cotton thread for stitching down my wool parts. I used to use wool thread but like the cotton better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... This is just darling!! Love it! Thanks for sharing Claire's creation Paulette!!!
    I need a haircut really bad too!!! It is driving me nuts to the point that I'm thinking to take hubby's clippers to it...again!!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a HUGE fan of Need'l Love too! I have some fabric of Renee's I'm hording in (not so) patient anticipation of a new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you are specific with which movie star you want to look like....I went for a haircut one time, said make me look like a movie star...came out looking like Yul Brenner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know the difference between a good haircut and a bad one?...about six weeks!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling wool rug...love the birdies....yes, think Spring!

    ReplyDelete