Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Quilter Remembered…

It’s with a heavy heart that I write this mornings post…I got word yesterday that The Hand Quilting group lost a wonderful  quilting friend…Carol.

It’s always a shock when someone you know passes away…and Carol did have a lot of health issues but still it’s a shock and a terrible loss for our little quilting community. 

Carol loved quilting but I think she loved her ‘gal time’ more…she loved a good gab, loved a good book,  loved a good joke and like us all..loved all the goodies served at tea time!  But I think what I LOVED best about Carol was her ability to not mince words and to tell it like it was!  She was frank and open and honest! 

Here she is at our GO! Party… Carol is in pink reaching for more fabric.image

Carol loved her Grand Kids and was teaching her grand-daughter, Brianna how to sew.  What a legacy to give to a child..the love of sewing!  You can bet that her grand-daughter will remember her Grandma lovingly whenever she picks up a needle and thread. 

So today’s post is to Carol and to all grandmas/mothers out there teaching their children how to sew..remember you are teaching  them much more than how to stitch.  You are passing on your love and traditions of sewing/quilting and giving them memories that they will cherish forever!

Farewell Carol…you’re going to be missed!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!

22 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Paulette! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Paulette, well said. I'll say an extra prayer for all those who knew her and will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, thoughtful post, sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss! I'm glad you have wonderful memories and am praying for those mourning this great loss. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good-bye Carol.
    You will be missed by all your friends and family, who will remember you for your good humor and friendship.

    Remember your good times, Paulette. And don't ever forget how much you enjoyed time spent with Carol and your group.

    Warmest regards to you,
    Carol in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest P-I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am sorry for your loss sweet P. but perhaps she will be watching over you and your"Hand quilting group" whenever you get together. special love coming to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sad with you. You will miss your friend when you return home. It is indeed sad to lose someone you care about and harder to bear when far away.

    Blessings as you go through today ettling this news in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so hard to lose a good quilting friend but their memories are precious and remain with us. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss.....what wonderful memories she has left for you and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have some very nice memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, Paulette..so sorry for the loss of your 'quilting buddy'..they always seem to take the 'good ones' early..
    hugs to you :*(

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry for the loss of your friend....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry for your loss of a friend. Your post was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry you lost your friend, hon...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paulette, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

    It sounds like you have many good memories to keep.

    Your post is inspirational and in honor of Carol and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry Paulette. It must make it more difficult too when you are not near your other friends who knew her, so you can talk about the times you had together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry for your loss, Paulette! Take care! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Paulette, how sad. remembering the good times surely helps heal the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry for you loss, Paulette,

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry Paulette for your loss. I love teaching my 10 year old granddaughter how to sew and quilt. She sat on my lap at 7 years of age and hasn't stopped learning since....what a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Paulette,
    It was a pleasure to meet you at my mother's celebration of life event.

    Thank you for the kind post about my mother's passing. It means so much to me to know that others enjoyed her company and friendship.

    I will miss her terribly but my love of stiching was inspired by her. I plan to complete a few unfinished projects in her honour.

    Cheers,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete