Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peter, Paul…and Paulette…

What was I thinking?!…I have 80 million UFOs sitting in Tupperware bins…which are threatening to take over my sweat room…and what do I do?  I start ANOTHER project!! 

I just HAD to…look the cellophane was still on my ROB PETER TO PAY PAUL GO! die!  AND it was calling my name!!

P1100297Before I knew what had possessed me the fabric was cut out…that GO! is smokin’ fast… and the blocks came together like magic!

P1100295Now you wouldn’t thinks so to look at these blocks…look what you have to sew together!!  YIKES!! (is what I originally said).  But thanks to TraceyJay Quilts’Tutorial and THIS VIDEO on how to sew curved edges…it was a breeze! 

(How did we ever sew…or do anything for that matter…before the internet?)

P1100303

If you don’t have time to watch the video…the secret is to guide the bottom fabric with your right hand and lift the top fabric with your left and feed it through…butting the fabric up to your 1/4 inch bar on your foot.  The notches matched perfectly and you don’t use ONE pin!

P1100299

Now these blocks have only been finger pressed…but aren’t they pretty..

P1100305

I am using my Layer Cake of Garden Party by Blackbird Designs (Moda) and I LOVE IT!  The fabrics are soft and rich and they are SO my colours!! The soft creamy yellow works well to offset this fabric.  I think I’m going to have a new ‘favourite’ quilt on my hands!!  But I need to make many more blocks before that can happen!

Yesterday I mentioned that I had bought some Mary Ellen’s Best Press…and it received rave reviews from numerous quilters all over Blogland!  According to Pauline, Janet, Karen, Terry, Paula and Cathi it is wonderful stuff!!  So if you haven’t tried it then maybe you need to add your name to the list…!:o)

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

27 comments:

  1. Great blocks. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I'm always looking for easier ways to sew curves.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they look so pretty! That view is really good, I knew I had tweezers by my machine for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those fabrics. It's going to turn out to be a very nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those blocks look great - there's just something so soft and lovely about blocks with curves. And those fabrics are perfect for these blocks. Just love Blackbird designs - and Garden Party is such a pretty fabric line :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern. If I'm ever lucky enough to win a GO! I'll have to get this die. Love your fabric choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems to be a fantastic die...one I would love to use in order to make a quilt...;)...and you could easily make 2 "mirror colored" quilts at the same time....
    Have fun playing,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great! That's another die I'd love to try someday! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to try some curves and I like her method. I will have to practice it with small quilts, but she made it look easy.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is going to be a wonderful quilt. I love the way it is looking. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blocks are perfect Paulette! Lovely! Love Mary Ellen's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, Paulette! I'm really going to have to try sewing curves soon.... if I ever get time to work on something for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This die is on my wish-list. Glad to know the easy way to sew it together. One question - will a jelly roll strip fit over the die for the side pieces. I am hoping that I can cut 4 sides from one strip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so funny! you're right though...how was there life before internet?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, love the fabrics and I can't wait to use these tips for sewing curves. ;)
    And I really DIDN'T quilt before I found all of these AMAZING quilting blogs! Online tutorials is how I've learned (ok, I'm STILL learning, but you get the idea). :)

    ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Best Press and I love your blocks! I broke down and ordered the Go! today but not that die - I better start simple. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice tutorial on curved seams. It makes it look so easy! I love your blocks - and I didn't expect to like the blocks made by that dye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The blocks are beautiful. Love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this die too! I bought that stupid Curve Master foot?!!!! It appears that we use a regular foot for our machine in that video right? So you made all of yours this way? Did you experience any difficulty at all? Your blocks are wonderful!! The video looks so EASY....got to try this this weekend if I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I love that block and the fabric choice is SO lovely! So what if the UFO's never see the light of day!! One must have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous!! Of course you had to try out your new templates - it's not really starting a new project when you are really only making lots of samples to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you only have 80 million UFO's? I think I have you beat! And 80 million more ideas I have in my head that I just can't get out fast enough. So what am I doing on the computer?! Gotta run . . . . .

    Beautiful fabrics.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! The more I see the GO the more I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for this great instuctional video. I appreciate it. Makes sewing curves so easy.

    I'll definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh they look so pretty! That view is really good, I knew I had tweezers by my machine for a reason.

    ReplyDelete