Thursday, March 3, 2016

Another UFO Bites the Dust!

I put the last stitch into this wee quilt last night and thought I would share it one last time.  Hope you're not sick of seeing it...
 The binding that I used is the same fabric that was used in the background for the basket blocks.


 It's always a great feeling finishing off a quilt that has been stuck in a plastic tote for YEARS... as this one has...

I like to think of UFOs as fine wine stuck in the closet for an undetermined time...not coming out until they have mellowed and fermented nicely...into a full bodied wine...errr...I mean quilt!  Yup...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! (It makes me feel less guilty!)

I think this one is going on the dining room table...because you know the old saying...A meal without a quilt is like a day without sunshine!  Or was that, a meal without wine? Whatever... I much prefer quilt...

Have a thrilling Thursday and happy Stitching!~P

19 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! Was it a kit, or a pattern, or did you cobble together blocks you had made from different sources? Just curious. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How imaginative and cute! I'd love it on my table too! Am working on a UFO from about 10 yrs ago. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your full bodied quilt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt and the thoughts full bodies mellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to reward yourself by finishing another UFO or starting something new? I love so much seeing UFOs completed!This quilt looks like you planned it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super delicious with a hint of sweetness and springtime that will linger for months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quilt! It's so cozy looking. Looks like it has mellowed perfectly.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this one, P. So glad you were able to finish it, it's going to look lovely on your dining room table. Along with the wine, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sew cute.. and good for you with another one biting the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on a real roll, woman! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you share some of that sewing energy with me! Another very sweet finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous Friday finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some in the closet that are aged to perfection. A treasure trove waiting to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt. No need to feel guilty about UFO's, but when you plant the seed for a song like "Another One Bites the Dust!", now you can feel guilty cause that tune is running through my brain with no relief in sight! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beauty! I love the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so good that you have completed this as it is so lovely and will look great on a table. Mind no wine is spilt on it though

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable quilt! I too have a quilt on my table and a friend was horrified that I would use a quilt as a tablecloth--well, what are we going to do with all these quilts we make???

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love this quilt! The color way of all these scraps are very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete