Friday, May 20, 2011

Whud I tellya….

If you are a long time reader of my blog than you may remember how I reported on these magical pens back in March~ You can go HERE to read what I had to say…then I got mail…and wrote about that the following day!

image

A quilter who was visiting the Clubhouse Quilters told us about these great pens…the ink is thermal sensitive which means the tap from a hot iron removes the ink!!  Of course I rushed out and bought some pens (at Staples-$6 for 3 pens) and tested them out…and wrote to you all about the results…I am sure that I said buy them NOW because once they hit the Quilt Shops they would NEVER be that cheap! 

The mail came in and one reader said that the ink returns when you put your fabric in the freezer…so I experimented…and sure enough the ink faintly came back…but I also discovered that a tap of the iron takes it away again and that washing the quilt/fabric removes the ink forever.  I wrote about that here…the post was called “Pens get Cold Shoulder”

Since then I have used the pens several times and they have been great…removed the ink with a tap of the iron!  I don’t hang around freezers too much so that hasn’t been a problem!:o)  The ink did not come back!

Now “WHERE IS SHE GOING WITH ALL THIS OLD NEWS”…you may be asking…WEEELLLLL…

LOOK what was spotted at The Salt Lake City Market!!   Yup the Thermal Pens…same FriXion Company but read down…these say that they are the perfect tool to use to mark fabric!  Whud I tellya….!!  The WRITING was on the wall….

image

Hurry to Staples NOW and fill your shopping carts!!  Get them while they are HOT!!  (Get it…the pun not the pen!:)

The ONLY thing better than a good deal is something that is FREE!!  And look at what I found this morning laying around the Moda Bake Shop…ready to take home!!  AND for FREE!  Isn’t it adorable?!  Wouldn’t this make the cutest baby quilt?! 

image Little Miss Shabby designed this quilt for the Moda Bake Shop!!  Adorable!! Thanks so much, Corey!  BUT that’s not all…if you go to Corey’s blog she is giving away another sweet pattern that uses up the scrap leftovers!!  A BIG DOUBLE THANK YOU TO COREY!!  Hurry over for your FREE patterns!

Have a FUN Friday (yes ALREADY!!) and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. Headed to Staples this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using these pens and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them - all because of you! A big thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't talk! running out to Staples!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern is sweet, looks perfect for a baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip. Just another fun thing to look for at Staples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try those pens to see how they do.
    I use a blue marker for my stitcheries, but it is so thick, would be nice to have a thinner line for intricate pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the reminder about pens - was in Staples but couldn't remember which ones to buy - lol - old brain? And I LOVE Moda!!! Very cool ideas. Have a super great week-end

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using these pens for over a year now and I LOVE them! I had to ask my local Walgreens to carry them and he did! I have a lot of words on the borders of my quilts and these are perfect for marking them for embroidery! I have loved using them!! It is so much easier than anything else I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! You are like psychic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been using those pens for awhile now and love them! There are just so many uses for them in quilting! Time to go out and buy more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw them in pictures from SLC too and thought of you. I got one when I went to a Quilt Retreat last November. I keep grabbing it to write on my Siggie squares and Labels. Don't think that would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be rushing out to Staples to get me some of these!!! Thanks for all the info on them. Love that Moda Bake Shop pattern. What a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of those pens. I'm off to Staples! Thanks for the link to the pattern too! Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, they'll be in quilt shops at double the price, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW.....now I've got to remember to hit up Staples next time on that side of town!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting....I missed the post about the ink washing out...cool!!
    Well, maybe not...now I think I need them. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried to find these at my local Staples to no avail. Will try another one.

    ReplyDelete