Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday’s trivia…

To Market, to Market to buy a fat bolt, Home again, Home again joltity, jolt!…I like the sounds of that!!  Don’t you just LOVE looking at all the Market pictures!!  And they are starting to come in thick and fast!

If you love the more traditional, prim style quilts then you NEED to see the Country Loft Quilt Shop’s Market pictures!  I have been DROOLING over them!! 

image

You will see Bonnie Sullivan’s booth and some of her newest quilts taken from this book(above).  STUNNING quilts!!  Bonnie has come out with a new book published by Quiltmania.  Hurry over to the Country Loft for a glimpse of all the booths!

ALSO~

Karen from Sew Many Ways has a great tutorial for any new quilters…or for that matter, ANY quilter…it’s always nice to watch a tutorial because no matter how long you’ve been quilting you always pick up some helpful tips or you get reinforcement that YES you are doing it correctly!!  Karen shows us how to square up our fabric and how to get 56 5” squares out of a yard of fabric.  Her tutorials are ALWAYS great as she has clear instructions with tons of pictures.  Head on over HERE for a look see.

I am still plugging away on the Settler’s Pride quilt…half way through the top border…taking forever!!P1130913

Sure hope it’s still 2011 when I’m finished this!! :o)

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending us to the pictures of the booths. That is so inspiring1
    You seem to be making good progress on the Settler's Pride quilt. It's going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I should look, lol.
    I do love Bonnie's patterns.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you HAVE to finish it now, lol - you already have the date on! That's ok, I'm sure you'll finish in PLENTY of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the year has changed by then, you only need to replace the 1 by a new 2. I know you don't want to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is always full of news of some kind or another. I get Country Loft's newsletter by e-mail but I was not a blog follower. Now I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't read the title of Bonnie's latest book :( but it looks like it has some wonderful things in it. Your work is beautiful and I know you will have it done before the end of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun to tour the show, I used to be in sales and Market was the best time of the year! Thanks for sharing. Your border is looking fab, I'm sure you will make the 2011 deadline! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Paulette, The tutorial from Sew Many Ways has so many flaws,starting with how to square up the fabric. If you rely on the selvedge, there is no hope of cutting a strip correctly on the straight of the grain. Better to tear off a strip and go from there. It is better to cut the yardage in half and then cut strips one at a time , on grain, only dealing with one layer at a time. I had an excellent teacher in the eighties. Her advice rings true today. I wish that new quiltmakers could get the best information possible, but why do they gravitate to tutorials which might not give them the best techniques?

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you go coming out of retirement again with those little songs. You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the class(room) out of the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe you can change 1 to 7 so it says 2017, no just joking, I am sure you will finish it this year.

    ReplyDelete