Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day and…

It’s Mothers Day weekend and although I won’t be seeing my daughters I will be thinking of them!  My eldest daughter lives in Calgary and the youngest lives in Ottawa…too far away for a Mother’s Day hug!  Darn!

Yesterday, Maggie, my middle daughter (she’s the one who lives in Vancouver) was coming to the Island to spend the day with me in celebration of Mother’s Day!   Maggie’s boyfriend,Toby was giving her a ride to the ferry…when they were involved in a a car accident in route!  They were going through a green light and were hit by a young girl who didn’t stop at her red light.  I tell you…a mother’s worse nightmare!  No one was hurt…thank goodness!  BUT the airbags deployed and they were pretty shaken up…and Toby’s car is a write off!    It reminded me of how in a split second everything can change and how precious life is!  So here’s a big HUG to Maggie…and Toby…and to the young girl in the other car!!  Slow down and drive with caution!!  Your mother wants you here to enjoy ALL of her Mother’s Days!

So my Mother’s Day will be a happy one…I know that all my girls are safe and healthy and happy…and that’s the BEST gift any Mother can receive! 

ON THE QUILTING FRONT~

Beyond the Cherry Tree Block 19 is now available and you can download it here!  Thanks SEW much Gay…another beauty!!

image

Lori from Humble Quilts is making this quilt and it is stunning!!  Go HERE to have a look at it!!  It is going to be a heirloom quilt one day…one that everyone in her family will fight over…It’s truly spectacular.  And let me throw in a little gossip for you…Did you know that Lori is sailing off with Bonnie Hunter on a Caribbean Cruise…and she is going to be Bonnie’s right hand man woman.  It’s going to be a fun cruise…and apparently there is still room on board!!

Have a Super Sunday and Happy Quilting!!~P

14 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Paulette!

    Thank goodness Maggie & Toby weren't seriously hurt yesterday. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your daughter was not able to join you today, Paulette. But at least they are safe. None of my children will be here today either, but my daughter will be arriving from Lasqueti Island tomorrow for a few days and one of my sons will be here on Tuesday for the day. I guess it doesn't matter what the day is, it's great to see them anytime.
    Wish I could board that cruise ship. What fun to cruise the Caribbean and make quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, Paulette. So glad your daughter wasn't hurt in the accident (and Tobey and other girl). I too won't be sharing Mother's day with the kids, as the Eastern states are too far away, so calls will have to do. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers day to you,,,glad your daughter, her friend and the other girl are ok....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your daughter is ok and no one was hurt.
    Happy Mother's Day to you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your daughter & all are OK, except for the car :(
    Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scare, for your daughter and for you! So glad no one was hurt in the accident. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's day Barbara. I am so glad that all is well. You had a good day!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paulette, you are too funny! Book your cruise girlfriend! LOL

    So sorry about the accident. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY I'm so glad they're ok! I hope that young girl wasn't on her cell phone, or texting....that is just so scary. You're right, knowing your kids are safe is a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother' Day Paulette!..sorry to hear about Maggie and Toby but we are so glad that they are both okay!!..hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad no one was injured. Happy Mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That phone call from a daughter that starts, "I am OK, no one was injured but .... " really sends a shiver down your spine doesn't it|? I am so glad everyone was OK but what a shame you couldn't have any of your daughters with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh P I am so relieved to hear all is well with your daughter and friend. There must of been a mother from above looking after them all!

    ReplyDelete