Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dang CUTE!!

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times…blogging friends are the BEST!…and they continue to surprise and amaze me!  

Yesterday I arrived home from Cloth Castle Club to find a parcel waiting for me…hmmm?…

P1130744

The return address revealed that it was from Synthia, a blogging friend.  Now I have never met Synthia…I was introduced to her through Marie, another blogging friend.  Synthia and Marie are friends who live near each other and both read my blog.  I believe their official name is ‘blog lurker’ :o) 

Anyways, inside the parcel is the cutest wool pincushion…stitched up with a SEWING Theme!! And it’s from both Marie and Synthia!

P1130736

Now why would they be sending me this cute little wool pincushion?  

Well…To make a long story short I was in a Round Robin Pin Cushion Stitching Project with them…you know where you work on each other’s pincushions.  (You can read about it Here and HERE!) So I worked on theirs but opted out of making one for myself because I was busy with another project. 

Marie and Synthia wanted to show their appreciation by making me a SEWING Themed pincushion…and it’s so dang cute!!  The pictures do not do it justice!  It’s adorable…

There’s a sewing machine and thread…

P1130737

thimble… and tomato pincushion…and look at the little scissors!!

P1130738

patchwork quilt complete with needle and thread…

P1130740

an iron…and look at all the snaps, buttons and pins…all are so sweet!

P1130739

Thanks you so much, ladies!!  You REALLY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS…but I am so happy you did!  :o)  I will treasure this forever…and I will be darned if I will be sticking pins into it!! …even if it IS filled with crushed walnut shells!        

P1130741

Here’s an artsy picture of her…hanging around the garden…I took these pictures outside so that you could see her true colours!

P1130742

Now let me brush the dust off and find her a place of honour in the house…some place special where everyone will see her!

P1130743  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Thank you so much ladies…and we are going to HAVE to come up with a better name than Blog Lurkers!!  Any ideas out there??

Have a Woolie Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

31 comments:

  1. So creative and so sweet! Blogging friends are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you......and yes blogging friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that is so cute ~ lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that is the cutest. What fun to have "lurkers" share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging friends are definitely the best! That's so dang cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little blanket stitches are adorable:) Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just darling...sweet of em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise and treasure. **jealous**
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pincushion surprise from some awesome friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an darling pin cushion! Nice job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A treasure for sure, so small but made large through the gift of friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful gift!!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that one and the appliques they put on it, really wonderful piece and such a sweet gesture.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pincushion is adorable. What great and thoughtful "Blog Lurkers" you have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pincushion is so sweet! I love all the sewing stuff on it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is precious. How about calling them "Sightseers"? Maybe "Stitchn' Sightseers". Or maybe "Timid Tourists". Oh, well, they were certainly sweet to send you such a nice hostess gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a special and darling little pin cushion. How nice of Marie and Synthia to make you that precious little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely a darling pincushion. It certainly deserves a place of honour. I wouldn't dare put any pins in it. I really think I'm going to have to try some wool work. How lucky you are to have such caring blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a nice pincushion. I want one just like it! Lots of creativity going on in the designs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute; what a nice, little treasure for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What sweet gals....that is a darling pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely a little treasure, very thoughtful and generous from the girls. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, that is so sweet! And it is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awe, so sweet..love it love it...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome pin cushion!!

    What a nice surprise that was. :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  26. no thoughts on what you can call them but boy oh boy..you are pretty darn special and they just wanted to show their appreciation!..so lucky you are!!..it is adorable!!..a precious keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an awesome surprise - and how lovely of them to do that for you! It's gorgeous hon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely gift to receive. I love all the different things they included. I think they should be called site-seeers myself.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    I'm soooooo jealous!

    A well deserved gift from two verrrry generous gals.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a awesome gift! I love pin keeps/pin cushions and it is definitely unique! What sweet blog friends!

    *hugs*
    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete