Sunday, May 22, 2011

What a DOLL!!

Check out what I WON last night!!  Yup, she is going to be my new Sewing Buddy!!  Move over Rylie!  image

Isn’t she adorable…made by Cathy from Quilting on Turtle Hill Blog! Cathy even gave me the choice of hair colour, eyes, skin tone…but I think this one is PERFECT!  In fact, when I look at Petunia she reminds me a lot of my own three daughters before they discovered the straightening iron!  All three have had VERY curly hair…just like Petunia!  Yup, that’s her name…Petunia Bud Baby!!  AND she’s coming to live at my house!!  Whoooptee do…I am FINALLY going to be a Grammy!

THANKS SEW MUCH, CATHY!!  Not to worry, she will be well cared for and well loved!!  Hurry over to Quilting on Turtle Hill and have a look at all of Cathy’s other babies…and of course her gorgeous quilts!!

ON THE QUILTING FRONT~

Yesterday was a wet, miserable day…so miserable and wet that I stayed home and sewed ALL day and ALL night…AND FINISHED OFF THE SETTLER’S PRIDE borders!!  Did you hear the Konga band stike up around 10PM  Pacific Time??  Yup, that was me…and NO it wasn’t the world coming to an end!  It was me celebrating!!  So today I am going to sew on the top and bottom borders and then start the quilting process…duh, duh, duh, duh, duh…BOOM!!…duh, duh, duh, duh, duh…BOOM!! Let the party continue….

Have a SUPER Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win...Petunia is sooo cute and I'm sure she'll be a perfect sewing buddy! Can't wait to see Settler's Pride finished, I just know it's going to be amazing! We've had cold rainy weather for almost two weeks straight here on the east coast of NH. I don't like hot weather, but sure would like to see some nice cool SUNNY spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolls can be such lovely company when you are sewing. Your Petunia looks very mischievous too, so you better keep an eye on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new sewing buddy will be a big help in the sewing room. With all this bad weather you can sew and not feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marathon that must have been. But I'm sure you are as anxious to have it finished as the rest of us are to see it. I'm especially interested in seeing how you quilt it. A cute little doll, a lovely addition to your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Good for you! Good for you! What an accomplishment! Love your grandchild - Petunia isn't a name you hear anymore, is it? haha. Are you saying it rained in Cowichan? We're up at Ucluelet and it's mild but cloudy this week-end, but not really any rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win, what a fun doll.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! Congratulations on winning your new grandbaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it was you that started the eruption in Vatnajökull :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!

    What a cute doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...pass me some of your luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete