Sunday, May 15, 2011

Christmas Sew-A-Long

SEW what did I get done while our Task Master Quilt Sue cracked her whip during our Christmas Quilt-a-Long?  :o)

image

Well to be quite honest, I was afraid to put away my current project, (Settler’s Pride) to start something Christmassy…just because I KNOW that if I packed up this project, that would be it…out of sight, OUT OF MIND…it would be banished into the Land of UFOs never to be seen again!!  AND I REALLY want to finish this one THIS year!

So I put on this…P1130852

And while I listened, I hand stitched…and got the last two blocks FINISHED…Yeah!!  Feels so good!! 

P1130845P1130848 P1130849

I LOVE this quilt!!

P1130850

Now I just have the top and bottom borders to hand stitch, then baste on the flannel backing, hand quilt it and put the binding on. (For the binding fabric I ordered a beige/brown, blue/ green plaid suit weight wool..which is in the mail!  If it turns out to be too light in colour I will dye it a mottled black.) 

P1130847

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel…oops..I can also see my fluffy pink bathrobe!!  :o)

Thanks SEW much Sue and Cathi for cracking the Christmas whip!!  I got a ton done!!  :o)

Hope you have a Super Sunday and Happy Quilting!!~P

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Paulette, it is gorgeous!! That was a great way to spend your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your wool applique. I've been collecting piece by piece to start one of my own. You're inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did a lot of work on that piece and it came out so beautifully. That is going to be gorgeous hanging on a wall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go!!..almost done..good for you!..and if you are anything like me I try really hard not to start anything new until I have finished the first project!..otherwise it won't get done!..stay focused is my motto..now if only I could live by that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is spectacular!! I can see why you love it so much and want to get it completed. Hang in there!!

    Synthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Paulette! You are my wool applique idol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good finish. And since it is to be my Christmas gift (isn't it?), it really was for the Sew-Along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is gorgeous, but I think you need to explain to Karen that it's not her Christmas pressie, it's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Paulette! It's stunning!

    WTG, gal! I think I'm in LOVE with this pattern. Your color choices are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so proud of you for sticking to it and gettin' er done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pattern! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful Paulette!! And I love the quilt on your previous blog as well - very, very nice. I enjoy the addition of green with the blue. Thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! This is turning out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Yea for you for sticking with it.
    I also wanted to tell how impressed I was with your machine quilting. I loves those roses. For some reason I couldn't get the comment thing to work for me on your blog during the time you were working on those.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You GO, girl!!! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning and good for you, not to be distracted with something else.

    I am so loving it-did you find the pattern problematic? I rhink I remember reading of some who said it had to be enlarged or something before they could start.

    You are so nearly there-can't wait to see,

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely well done
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty P -doesn't it feel good to be almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! This quilt is just gorgeous!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! This is amazing and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete