Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dada…dada…...dada (Shark music…)

It was a fun day at Heritage Quilt Guild…it was our bi-yearly ‘Quilter’s Silent Auction’…you know where you bring the quilting items that you no longer need or want and sell it.  You fasten a piece of paper with your name at the top and the minimum starting bid…put it on the table and then presto…all the quilters circle the table, pens in hand and bid on the things they would like to buy…much the same way that a shark goes after a tasty treat!

image

(I forgot to take pictures…but here are a couple from last year so you get the idea!)

image

This year I had decided to try it out.  I had come across some Robert Kaufman fabric in my stash…a 1 metre cut and a 3 metre cut…I knew I would NEVER use it.  You know how your tastes change…So I sold each piece separately and in the end earned $24.50 for the two!   Eureka!  Who knew that it would be in hot demand??  Next auction I am going to clean out my stash properly and make more room in my sewing room!!  :o)

What did I buy?  I swore that I wasn’t going to buy A THING!!  But…you know how that goes…have a look inside my bag…

P1130783

Now you know why it’s called a Chubby Bag!!  I bought fabric…lots of fabric…and a book…$11.00 for ALL this stuff!!  How could I NOT buy it!!

I also found this huge quilter’s bag…perfect for Clubhouse Quilting when we travel!!  It has pockets all over the place…big enough for my biggest rulers and cutting mats!

P1130786

Tons of see-through pockets…man I am going to be SEW organized next year!!  This was ONLY $10…so for a total of $21 I came home with all this plus $3.50 in my pocket!!  My kind of shopping!!

P1130785

Now where am I going to put this stuff…??!

While I figure that out…have a look at a few of the quilts that were for Show and Tell….

P1130694-1   P1130698 P1130699-1  P1130702 P1130778

P1130780

These are some of the Bag Ladies who came with their completed Chubby bags!!  Aren’t they great!! P1130779    Yes, it was a fun day, despite the fact that were missing Sharon…a lovely lady who is in the hospital!  :o( Hurry and get well…we all missed you!! 

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. That is fun to be able to get rid of things you don't want and find things from other's stash.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very good idea, en event like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!!! What a great idea. You sure came out of the auction on the plus side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great idea! Fun for all and profitable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have that book by Marsha McCloskey I think. I made the quilt on the cover and we're just quilting it at church now. It's really nice. I saw the same quilt done totally in ice cream colored plaids.. It was stunning and now I want to make one like it too.. Good luck with all your new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming home with lots of goodies and a profit! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have that Marsha McCloskey book and even though I have many, many quilt book and patterns, I always seem to return to this book. Especially the 1930's nine-patch. I think you scored with your bags and your new fabric purchases. The Show and Tell quilts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea. You can get rid of and add to all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was a fun day!! Congratulations on all your loot!! LOL Love the quilts & Chubby bags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paulette,
    You find the greatest stuff- I want to go to some of the garage sales, auctions and guild sales you go to- you find the greatest deals too.
    Wowser!
    I know you will create something amazing with your new to you fabric.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a lovely score! That tote bag is incredible! Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah... I too seem to always come back with more than I take when I go to a quilt guild meeting. Thanks for sharing the show and tell with us. Some very talented ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job on filling that Chubby Bag! The quilts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great time you must have had - going shopping and comming home having made a profit.

    ReplyDelete