Monday, May 9, 2011

‘Cause she’s some kind of wonderful….

Want to see how I spent my Mother’s Day Sunday……??  If I couldn’t see my real babies, then I thought I’d work on this baby…

P1130772 I got the two bottom rows sewn together and a lot of the wreath that circles the cabin stitched down…all because I was listening to the BEST Audio CD Book called “Lost Boy, Lost Girl” by Peter Straub.  It was so good that I didn’t watch ANY TV last night…said to heck with the normal shows that I watch~  Nora had to handle her brood without me and sorry ladies on Wisteria Lane…no girl’s night out for us!! 

Those are my initials on the quilt…PD (sounds like it’s short for Police Department…it was either PD or PAD…and I wasn’t going THERE!!)

P1130773

Now that two rows are together it’s getting harder to work on…right now I have it on my cutting table and wheel my chair up to it to work on.  At least when I work on the borders I can do them first before stitching them on…

I can now see an end in sight…sew exciting!!  I still don’t know how I am going to quilt it..??  If anyone out there has made this quilt or anything similar then I would love to hear from you…actually I would love to hear from you anyways..haha!

P1130774

BEFORE I GO~

I thought you’d like to see Anni Downs’ new book..‘Some Kind of Wonderful’…GREAT name for a book…now I have the song stuck in my brain…

If you are feeling lucky then you might want to drop by Anni’s Hatched and Patched blog… she is giving away a copy…

image

Hurry on over...’cause she’s some kind of wonderful…ooooh..yes she is…!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

14 comments:

  1. That looks like a great way to spend Sunday.
    I didn't get much done myself, so hopefully I can get some work done and finish my new piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I was wondering about what kind of quilting you were going to do. I have no ideas. LOL!
    I also spent my day in the sewing room. Ahhh, that to me was "Some kind of Wonderful".
    My initials are PMS! What a hoot!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes, spent my day quilting and reading...tv didn't cut it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wool quilt is looking amazing, but I'm sure it is so heavy to work on now! The 'wheel-up' strategy sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful!!
    LOL you are going to have a lot of people with that song stuck in their heads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is looking wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is really looking fabulous now. Since I've never worked on a wool quilt before, I'm not sure of the weight of it. So perhaps some type of utility quilting with Pearl Cotton would work. Maybe some fancy stitching on some of the seams such as you might see on an old-fashioned crazy quilt. Good luck with the quilting and be sure and keep us posted. You did miss the season finale of B & S, but I'm sure you'll be able to catch it in summer reruns. My husband read that Peter Straub book and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo... I look forward to seeing this quilt top done! What I see of it is great so far Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is going to be 'some kind of wonderful'!!..you missed Nora and the gang?..season finale..wedding for Sarah and Luc..Kitty is pregnant..it was a good one!..hope I didn't spoil it for you!!..PVR??..didn't watch Desperate Housewives, can't help you there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking good, hon, that is so much work but oh is it going to be worth it! At least your initials are interesting, lol - mine are AAH. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool-you make it look so easy! I put my name in the draw for the book so keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely quilt. I do so enjoy that song too. I now have it singing in my head. Thanks for the tip on the giveaway. I hope it brings you very good kharma and you win a copy (and more giveaways too).

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete