Monday, May 16, 2011

Rainy Day Sunday…

If you own a GO! Fabric Cutter you might want to hustle over to their On-line shop and have a look at the NEW Spring dies…

I have my eye on these sweet little birds…three different ones!  Aren’t they cute!!

image

This is their sample quilt…sweet!  GO! Have a look…

image

Do you think I bought enough rhubarb? :o)  The joy of living out in the country is that you are surrounded by farms.  Many of those farms set up a roadside table and sell their fresh produce…like this organic rhubarb…would you believe all this rhubarb only cost me $7!  I got 70 CUPS of rhubarb!!

P1130844

The lady was selling it for $1 a bundle so I bought seven bundles.  I just HAD to make a rhubarb crisp…yup, there goes the diet…AGAIN!!But so worth it!!

P1130838

I also stumbled onto a Garage Sale…and these books and magazines…all for $10!P1130841  Can you see Rylie at the top of the picture?…that’s how she spent her day…looking at the rain!!  You would open the door for her and she would step back…no rain for her!!  I know the feeling…I was happy with my bowl of rhubarb crisp and my magazine/book! 

Have a marvelous Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

16 comments:

  1. I love those new dies, they are so fun.
    I am playing with ideas for my chisel die, so we shall see what I come up with today;)

    Nice yard sale find, need to get out myself.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee that's some bargains you got. I think you may be my long-lost twin sister. I love rhubarb, and quilting books/magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score on the Rhubarb, quilting mags and books. I've been craving a Rhubarb crisp too but my Hubby doesn't like Rhubarb so that's a lot of crisp for someone who doesn't really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome find! Makes me want to go to a garage sale. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up eating rhubarb but it's too hot down South to get it to grow. I tried one year. It wasn't pretty. There has been some in the store I am sure imported from "off". Who needs a diet when you have rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ate the BEST rhubarb crisp at the Brown Derby in Armstrong on the weekend. Best lunch in B.C.! I'm sure yours is just as yummy.

    So, what are you going to do with all those mags...will you tear out the projects you like and recycle, or do you actually keep them all??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, there is nothing like Canadian rhubarb made into anything yummy! Stopping in to say, "Hi"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are the QUEEN of yard sales! Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The GO birds are pretty cute. I just bought the 3 1/2" Drunkards Path die, came today so I haven't tried it yet. I might have to get the GO birds someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous. It sounds like a perfect day! As much as I like rhubarb crisp, I'm craving rhubarb cheesecake bars. Wish my rhubarb was ready to pick. Guess I'll just have to quilt instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh I don't remember if I like rhubarb or not, it's been so many years - but a crisp of any sort sounds good, especially on a rainy day! Great score on the magazines, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great garage sale buys! I have some rhubarb in the fridge too, bought at the weekend - I plan to make rhubarb sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love rhubarb and mix it with apples as well to make it a little sweeter. Our dog, Treacle, is exactly the same with the rain, she does not like it at all and I usually have to push her out the door, to make her go! She runs out does what is needed and runs back as fast as possible! Then stands on the mat looking very miserable until I dry her! I love dogs, such great characters! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! all that loot for only $10. I'd be happy if I could find a back issue of the Quick Quilt mag with the cupcake quilt on the front!

    I've been thinking about a GO. These birds are right up my alley so maybe nows the time!

    Enjoy your Rhubarb. We love it at my house.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore those birdies! Can't wait to see what you come up with....as to the rhubarb....mmmmmm good.....I can't wait to try the Rhubarb crisp recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun find! I spent some time catching up on all your work lately - you have been doing some AWESOME projects!

    ReplyDelete