Monday, May 2, 2011

Good Enough…for ‘this bag’!

Well Homework's done and I’m off to Heritage Quilting to finish up my Chubby Bag.  Barb, a member of Heritage Quilters will be helping a small group of us learn how to put together a bag. SEW exciting!

For homework we had to sew two side panels of 6 X4 charms…

P1130682Then iron two layers of fusible fleece onto these panels.  I was going to quilt roses onto the sides of the bag but they are time consuming and it was already 8 o’clock…(that’s what happens when you leave your homework till the last minute!!)… so I decided to quilt leaves…I did a few practice runs on paper towels and then went for it! P1130685

Here’s a few shots of the vines…

P1130686   and they didn’t take very long to do.

P1130688

They aren’t perfect…but good enough for ‘this bag’! :o)

P1130689

I cut out the lining and fused fleece to that, then got the handles and pocket ready…DONE!!…and my pile is ready to take to class…whew!!

P1130690

Must take my camera so that I can get some ‘action’ shots of Barb and crew!  See ya’ tomorrow…!

Oh…and if you’re Canadian…don’t forget to get out there and VOTE!!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

16 comments:

  1. The vines and leaves look great. Good idea to practice on paper towels. Looking forward to seeing the finished bag. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting Paulette. I love the Wild Rose fabric....one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paulette!
    I just had to pop over and say that you are a wonderful hostess and appear to a great cook too! And your quilts look simply beautiful on Sue's blog!!! I'm also enjoying getting a few glimpses of your decor. It seems like you enjoy a vintage piece now and then, just like I do!!

    Have a great week and make Rick take you out after all that cooking on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Fun!
    Thanks for taking us along for this step.
    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could take a class for bags, would be nice to learn the proper ways to do them and types of threads, etc.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out really nicely and free motion vines are not supposed to be perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do the paper towels have to be new ones????LOL I never thought of that idea, it's great! Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing your bag finished. The quilting is wonderful - you did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your leaves look great! Quilting on a sewing machine is hard and your work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on the 'leaves'!!! amazing what you can do when there is a 'time crunch'!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your leaves, can't wait to see the finished bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great!! Can't wait to see the finished bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your fabric choice....and your leaves and vine are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilting looks great. I could never do anything like that, so I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Советую новейший портал [url=http://obzormania.ru/igronevs/84-rockstar-games-izuchaet-zhizn-bogatyh-lyudey.html]Rockstar Games изучает жизнь богатых людей[/url] , даже про [url=http://obzormania.ru/igronevs/79-demo-versiya-ssx-vyydet-21-fevralya.html]Демо версия SSX выйдет 21 февраля[/url] есть информация.

    ReplyDelete