Monday, May 30, 2011

The Chisel At Work…

Ever since I won the Chisel Die from GO! I have wanted to make a Chisel Star quilt…like this…

There is a great tutorial HERE on how to make this one…

image

Then there is Bonnie Hunter’s Star Struck Chisel Quilt…a real beauty!!  Bonnie gives a tutorial and free pattern on how to make this quilt…STUNNING!!

image

Then there is the chisel braid…gorgeous as a border or in rows on a quilt…yup there is a tutorial for that!!  Just GO! HERE!

image

I thought these were basically my only options for using the Chisel GO! Die…then last night I pulled this book off my shelf…and look at the cover…REALLY LOOK at the cover…do you see it?? 

Copy of P1130991

This quilt is FULL of Chisels…the flowers are made of chisels…

P1140002

AND look at the border!  MORE CHISELS!!  EUREKA!!

Copy of P1130996

Then there is this star quilt…where the points are longer than normal because of…CHISELS!!P1130992 

Why there are CHISELS EVERYWHERE I look!! P1130995

If not in the actual quilt than in the BORDER!  Look at THIS border! It’s just the picket fence but with a twist on the colours…LOVE IT!!

  P1140003     P1140004 Wow!!  I have owned this book for years…WHO KNEW!!  Pat Speth, author of this book,  really knows how to make Chisel Quilts! 

I am sure that I am just scratching the surface on ideas on how to incorporating the Chisel block into a quilt…

Why I haven’t even opened this book…

image

If I should ever get my sweaty little hands on this book, I will have to peruse it and let you know what we are missing!!

Till then…

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, nice choices! I have a lot of chisels leftover from my Hunter's Star - thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the chisel die and it is one of my favorites. I made Bonnie Hunter's star quilt and I love it. I think it is one of my most favorite quilts that I ever made. I just bought a Fig Tree pattern that looks like it is made of chisels so that my next one to tackle. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Paulette, daughter Debbie and I just love all our GO! dies and especially the chisel.
    She and I need more SEW DAYs.
    Thanks, again.
    GO! hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what a versatile unit! Chiselmania. It started right here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have plenty of options now! I guess we should all revisit some of the books on our bookshelves. I have tons of quilt books that I haven't opened for years...guess maybe there might be a few good ideas in mine too!
    Thanks
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best get chiselling then. Mind you, I expect you have already started the quilt and almost finished it, bearing in mind the time difference between us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to see this post. I fought myself over purchasing a GO. I thought it would be cool, but really didn't know why. Finally broke down and bought it, but haven't used it yet. Now that I am seeing the real value, I am going to have to break it out of its box! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books are helpful to make a new way of quilts. I have 't that, Better to share where you bought it, I searched in lots of quilt market but did not found yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice book for the designs.It look so beautiful and colorful.We can try to make at home.It really nice designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing,
    great written and include approximately all significant infos.
    I'd like to look extra posts like this .
    Visit my web-site :: Work from home jobs

    ReplyDelete