Friday, March 8, 2013

Our Spring Fling…

As you may recall, my friend Sandy won a $50 dollar spending spree at ‘Cherry Berry Quilts’…SEW yesterday was the day to go and help her spend the money..and guess WHO forgot her camera…ME!!  Dang!

We had a blast…after ‘Cherry Berry’s’ we also had to hit ‘The Painted Lady Quilt Shop’…AND somehow we all ended up with a bag of loot of our own!  WHAT’S with that??

AND why is it that I always end up with a bag of the same colours of fabric…I didn’t MEAN to pick reds, golds and greens…but that’s what I always come home with!  I just can’t help myself!

Check out my loot…P1220657

I was shopping with this pattern in mind…Jan Patek’s ‘Spring Fling’

b1da8a7327744609aa4fbcb86f5fc832_820x820

And did manage to find the soft pale greens…they look beige here but the middle fabrics are all a soft Spring green…

P1220660

Then throw in the red for the birdhouses…dark green for the plants, gold/brown for the beehive…

P1220659

…and YIKES…you have got my colours!  NOW I know why I love this pattern!

All in all, we had a great day…and Sandy was THRILLED with her bag of fabric…which strangely looked VERY similar to mine…and yes, it looks like we are going to be making the SAME quilt!  :o))))  Stay tuned…

Have a VERY FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

8 comments:

  1. Those are my kind of fabrics. I made "Spring Fling" last spring. I don't think it is quilted though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice buys and i do like the spring quilt, would like to do a simple one with a bird and vase type.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo...your new fabrics are perfect for that pattern! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and that quilt is in my pile of quilts for the spring - of course a little wool here and there as well lol.
    Hugs - karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that too, always end up with the same little pile of colors! Unless of course it's a major fat quarter sale and then I step out of my box a little bit more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my, those soft greens are a wonderful palette. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am drooling over those fabrics and that pattern , love them !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can go fabric shopping for me any time, I'd be coming home with the same choices.

    ReplyDelete