Monday, December 29, 2014

Grand Country Quilt Shop…

…is a lot smaller than the Fat Quarter Shop but man, it was GOOD, REALLY GOOD!  Being smaller, I didn’t get that overwhelming feeling of where to start!  IMG_2988

I was greeted by this sign…a definite sign of GOOD THINGS to come!!

IMG_2990

So pour yourself a coffee and have a little tour…IMG_2991

This quilt BLEW me away!!  Loved the fabric and I wasn’t surprised when they said that they were sold out of it!  I kick myself for not asking the name of the line of fabric though!  The pattern was in a modern book.

IMG_2992

In many ways, exploring this shop is like going to a Quilt Show…Quilts EVERYWHERE…with patterns and fabric available (most of the time)!

IMG_2993IMG_2994IMG_2995IMG_2996IMG_2997IMG_2998IMG_2999

They are having a workshop on this Norma Whaley pattern called ‘Navajo Code Talkers’…gorgeous blocks…love the way the wee blocks are intersperse amongst the homespun!

IMG_3000

And these blocks are for another workshop on applique…looked like the starch and turn method and let me tell you, the turns were perfect!

IMG_3001

You can tell that this is one BUSY QS…their workshop area is a feast for the eye…lots happening here!

IMG_3002

As I stood in the classroom, I HAD to take a picture of the whole shop..small but VERY IMPRESSIVE!!  Tons of wonderful fabrics and tons of samples!

IMG_3003IMG_3004IMG_3005IMG_3006

I am ‘fairly sure’ that I have this pattern!  So sweet!  Don’t you HATE it when you aren’t positive…geeze…I sure hope this isn’t a sign of things to come?!

IMG_3008

This quilt was so pretty…like falling poinsettia leaves~

IMG_3009

I bought the bundle of fabrics to make this quilt but the pattern was sold out.  At half price it was a steal!

IMG_3010

I love STARS…and this one was made out of knives…Of course I looked to see how it was made…there were no drill marks that I could see, so it must be glued together!  Very effective!!

IMG_3011

SEW sweet!!

IMG_3012IMG_3013IMG_3014IMG_3015IMG_3016

I love that red, green and gold quilt!!

IMG_3017IMG_3018

I enjoyed seeing this Christmas Wool work…I think the pattern was in the last issue of Primitive Quilts Magazine…or Quiltmania?  Regardless…LOVE IT!!  And look at that WEE little log cabin on the right…didn’t even notice it when I was in the shop!  Looks like I have to go back!! haha

IMG_3019

This is another one that is in one of ‘those’ magazines!!  Dang cute!

IMG_3020

And of course there are lots of examples of Primitive Gathering patterns!  Lovely!

IMG_3021IMG_3022IMG_3023

A Cheri Payne pattern…that is wonderful made up!

IMG_3024IMG_3025

And I LOVED seeing ‘Summertime’ by PG…I have the blocks all stitched, WHY haven’t I finished this one?  Maybe this is the push that I need!!

IMG_3026

This is another PG pattern…I have those baskets and flowers all traced onto Heat and Bond Lite…ready and waiting…at home!  I LOVE the setting that the shop used!  You notice the baskets more in this version!

IMG_3027IMG_3029IMG_3030

So…there you have it!  Now wasn’t that a wonderful shop…packed full of quilting goodness!  And no, that wasn’t a question…it’s pure FACT!

Grand Country Quilters has a blog which you can find HERE and from there you can go to their ON LINE SHOP!!  Have fun! ;o)

A lot of you were asking about the ‘LOOT’…well, like all good stories you have to have a cliff hanger…come back tomorrow and see how the story ends!

Have a Marvellous Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

14 comments:

  1. If our quilt shops were anything like the ones you've been visiting, I would be in the Poorhouse!!!!! I better stay away from California. Glad you're enjoying yourself, and keeping us entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shop and lots of beautiful pieces made up, love seeing them all done. I do want to make the jingle piece, that would be fun to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your blog is almost like reading a magazine! I love it all! Wish I had about a thousand years to finish everything I want to! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many quilts that I've never seen before! What a wonderful trip you are on!! You are confessing your UFOs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, P, for another wonderful quilt shop tour. I saw so many things to make. Love all the minis in the classroom, and elsewhere. And so many wool patterns and samples, you must have been in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me you got the pattern with the pinwheel flowers in the baskets....who is that designer?!!! Too cute!!!! I drooled...very effective photography! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great shop - I think I NEED that Navajo quilt by Norma! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun squeezed into one little shop! I knew you wouldn't be able to leave empty handed. Looking forward to tomorrow to see what you HAD to have. (By the way, we have at least 8 inches of snow today and more still falling!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mind boggling to think they have all that crammed into one small shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another quilt shop introduction. I love how they set the PG basket freebie quilt. I have four of those baskets done from when I first found PG and this year I ordered the pattern during their Thanksgiving weekend promotion. I've been toying with different setting ideas and that may be the one I adapt.

    Looks like another great shop. Can't wait to see which other ones you went to on your tour.

    Gorgeous sunny cold day today with fresh snow on the North Shore mountains. Found a Winter edition of Simply Vintage. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the fun part about traveling,. Quilt shops can so different from each other yet can get us all revved up and excited to create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoy this shop, since you can actually see the fabric, patterns and samples!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a delight to browse in you must have gone away full of ideas such inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you fell in love with that shop. Amazing eye candy in there for sure.

    And yes, it's all about the loot! Show me the LOOT! I'm waiting with bated breath.

    ReplyDelete