Monday, October 31, 2011

Day ONE Down…

Yesterday we caught the CoHo Ferry bound for Port Angeles, Washington.  Here she is coming into port now….

IMG_9839

She is a lot smaller than the BC Ferries and a lot older but she got the job done!  We take the CoHo to avoid the drive through and around Seattle.  Cuts out a huge chunk of driving for us….And you go through the US Customs at the same time.

We said GOODBYE to Victoria…it was a bleak and rainy day!

IMG_9840

And Hello to Washington…WHAT.. it’s still bleak and rainy?! 

This is the bridge by Tacoma Washington…that cost approximately 4 Fat Quarters to get across!

IMG_9877

AND YES I remembered the dogs…or at least Rylie!!  Now where’s MOLLY?

IMG_9888

And this is where we stayed for the night…Centralia, Washington!  Notice we didn’t even unhook for the night…did I mention that there’s an OUTLET Mall just a mile down the road!  Yup…didn’t want to go…I’m saving my money for more ‘material things’!!teeeheee

IMG_9891

Our first night was lovely..snug and warm in our little home with the pitter patter of rain on the roof…now ask me in FIVE months if I’m still enjoying our cozy, snug little home on wheels! OR will I be screaming…GET ME OUT OF HERE??  To be continued…

On the Quilting Front~  I finished my first block of the Autumn Quilt but I left it in the cab of the truck.  Did I mention that it’s wet and cold and dark out there…??

Have a movin’ and a motorin’ Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

8 comments:

  1. wow - if only we could pay tolls with fat quarters! I do have a few 'mistakes' that I could part with. I'm glad you have your priorities straight, and passed up the outlet mall. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you poor dear(not really!).. i wish i was riding along on your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleak and rainy in Tacoma???? Say it isn't so! LOL

    Enjoy the next 'leg' of your journey. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get a trailer so we can just get in and go, tent trailers can be a pain for overnights. Will have to get a truck though, my jeep won't pull anything big.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my brother moved to Seattle area he said they had rain 366 days out of 365! What an adventure you guys take every year. I'm a little envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like things are starting off well for your trip, except for the rain. Hopefully, it will let up the further south you get. It is sunny here, today, in Saanichton. A little breezy, but n rain - yet! And, "just say no" to outlet malls. The quilt shops are all patiently waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that must be bliss to listen to the rain on the roof of your RV....that would put me to sleep in no time at all! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your travels have started off good (besides the dreary weather and the high tolls-won't be long and you'll be in the sunshine!). I have a niece that used to live in Centralia! I love the sound of rain when I'm camping! Have fun and safe travels!! :)

    ReplyDelete