Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The GO! to Gal!

I had the pleasure of ‘meeting’ Katrina yesterday from Sunshower Quilts Blog.  We’ve ‘talked’ before but in this email Katrina suggested that I might like to watch her ‘How to Make Basket Video’.

YOWZERS!!  It was GOOD!!  NO, it was better than good, it was EXCELLENT!!  Katrina is well spoken, gives clear and concise instructions and makes everything…including sewing on a finicky handle look like a snap…AND more importantly you can tell she loves her GO! Fabric Cutter as much as I do!!

(I have GOT to get ME a GO! t-shirt, too!)

Oh and did I mention that Katrina is YOUNG!  I love seeing young girls quilting…it means that quilting will live on long after we have gone!  Hmmm…do you think our Great-Grandmas worried about this?  But then times have definitely changed…(yikes!!  This is SO something she would have said!!)

Katrina just got a new LONG ARM quilting machine too, so I’m sure she will also be showing us how that works. BUT the thing that I love about her blog, Sunshower Quilts is ALL the GO! Tutorials and Videos!  What a wealth of knowledge and at our fingertips! 

So Katrina WELCOME to my SIDEBAR!!  (If you own a GO! (and even if you don’t) YOU will want to add her to your sidebar too!!  She’s a KEEPER!! 

That’s Sunshower Quilts…now GO! for a visit…but first pour yourself a coffee…you will be there for awhile!

No quilting happening here..just a lot of this…

IMG_9258

…which makes me appreciate quilting all the more!!

Say HI to Katrina for me!!  I’ll be on my knees….

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Always fun to see how others use the GO.
    Love your new tiles, we have wood porches and those will have to be redone soon.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Katrina - I'm anxious to check out her blog. Sadly, my GO! is just sitting and collecting dust. I need some motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used my GO! to make a few more tumblers yesterday, boy I love that tool. Hope you can finish off your tiling soon but looks really good so far. Way to go Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katrina is very talented, as you are too. The fabrics for your project look love, as does your tile.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Paulette - I am so glad that you found my video helpful. I have certainly enjoyed making them and I have more ideas for videos and tutorials. Now that fall is here (and the kids are back in school) I can get Going on everything again! I love your tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tiles are lovely! I will check out Katrina too! I so want a Go cutter...enter every contest I can. Maybe I need to make out my Christmas list NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow Katrina too... as she is from my province=) And of course I follow you, as you are entertaining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, I think the hand crafts are coming back and that's a good thing. I hope quilting is around for a long time. Hey, did you see the blog hop that started today at http://frenchgeneral.blogspot.com/2011/09/country-fair-blog-hop.html

    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand how I missed all your previous blogs. I check every day! Like what you are doing with the tile. Congrats on the quilt being entered in the exhibition. I'll have to check that out. Love the winter quilt that you are hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a GO, but if I get one I'll bookmark her for sure! Love what you're doing with the tiles, the colors are fabulous. Take care of those knees!

    ReplyDelete