Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That’s it, in a nut shell….

Check out the newest blog in blog land, Among the Gum Trees!  In a nutshell, nine Australian designers are getting together to share their ideas and designs.  By the sounds of things, there will be lots of free patterns and designs to download. Whoopee for us!  Go to their new blog, check out each designer’s profile and see for yourself… This is one blog that you will want to put on your ‘blogs to watch’!

image

Other Quilting news-

On Saturday, I whipped into the Cloth Castle for some green embroidery thread and ended up buying MORE fabric!  Does this ever happen to you?  This fabric literally called my name!  I mean what could I do- there are polka dots and daisies on this fabric – two of my favourite things!  AND it was in the sales bin!  The deal was sealed!

I was afraid to put this fabric away….most fabric that I buy tends to be put into bins….out of sight…out of mind….and it sits…sometimes for years!  This was not going to happen to this fabric!  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it, thanks to Carly’s June 6th tutorial.  P1020796So I cut and stitched…P1020798

P1020800   P1020803

P1020805 I am almost finished this baby quilt!  I love it. Thanks for the inspiration, Carly!  I just need some borders, quilting and binding!  I am such a sucker for polka dots and daisies!

Today is Club Day at the Cloth Castle!!  This is our first meeting after a summer off, so it feels like the first day of school- so exciting!  I drive with two friends, Alice and Dawn. There are about 30 quilters altogether- we share our Sew and Tell and then Natasha, our leader/teacher shares a pattern and the newest gizmo or gadget.  We stop for a break and SHOP and then go back for more Natasha sharing.  This takes a couple of hours.  Then Alice, Dawn and I meet our friend, Claire (she made the dog quilt from yesterday’s post) and we go for lunch.  Claire is a Kindergarten teacher and still works half days so we fill her in on everything she missed at Club.  I love Club Day as there is nothing like sharing a quilting day with friends!  Don’t worry I am taking my camera!!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!!

8 comments:

  1. I like that design, the blue and white is very striking. Tanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that design and love how your quilt turned out. The material is georgous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me! I can't believe you just whipped that up - just like that!! It's beautiful, by the way -- I love it! I want to join your club . . . I wish I wasn't thousands of miles away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has such a clean, fresh look with the daisy petals spilling into the white! you are inspirational! Thank you for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cot quilt is just so beautiful, I love it.

    As for your club, it's just not fair. Stamps foot, hard. I want to play too, but it's a bit too far to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely love the way you done it well done
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is such a simple, pretty idea! Of course I never have the problem of buying extra fabric, I'm so strong minded, the same goes for chocolate...(yadda yadda yadda, don't believe a word she says).I've one baby quilt finished for the stash, but forgot to post photo today. Club sounds terrible hard work...

    ReplyDelete