Saturday, February 27, 2010

School Days is done!!

I don’t have a podium to hang the OPAM FINISH on, so a picnic table will have to do!!  Whew…we just squeaked over the finish line for February!!  There was no crowd cheering but I did get a huge response from the Canadian geese visiting the pond…

P1060570

I love this simple little baby quilt with the vintage School Days theme….

P1060571So we hung around the park waiting for the crowds to arrive…but I guess being last over the finish line doesn’t count for much…P1060577

So ‘School Days’ is done…(hey, light bulb moment!!)..that reminds me… MY School days are done!!  And what an AWARD this is to lay around under the GOLDEN sun amongst the palm trees and bird *#$@!!  I struck GOLD!!!  These Canadian Geese have got the right idea… Life is sweet!

Have a super Saturday (my friend, Sandy and I are off GSing!)… Oh and  Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

  1. It's not about being first over the line...it is about getting there. This was worth the race, it's beautiful x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. School Days is wonderful Paulette! You did an awesome job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice finish for you, Paulette! I'm slow completing to the end, too, but we'll just keep plugging along.
    Enjoy your garage sales. I'm quilting for a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its very apt that the CANADIAN geese cheered your quilt finish, doncha think?? And it is lovely, kind of retro and lots to look at, actually it really reminds me of the Ladybird Readers we had when I was little!
    And yesterday's story is great! Amazing! And wouldn't you know its always when one looks like a cockapoo's dinner that some fabulously turned out person asks 'are you .....'! You should'd really have said 'not right now, but in another half hour I will be!'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It looks fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your finish, could you squeeze in another before the end of February?
    I love the quilt hanging in the tree. Is it a gum?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish Paulette..gorgeous..
    Well, I didn't get much done this month..
    enjoy the Gs's..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Great job. It's so cute!

    I will be finished with my OPAM tonight...squeaking it in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry I'm late lol... CHEERS.. great work..love your school days quilt... have a wonderful evening and weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful job on the quilt. Today I went to the quilt store and they had the cutest paper doll panels and had one made into a quilt. They are had the french general fabric, but the bundle was a bit much since i have fabric I need to use still, so only bought a yard of homespun. I have good self control;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute quilt--love it! Love the quilt display in the tree--it is just perfect! You do get a lot accomplished--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew you could do it....wow and it is just so nice....well done..Peg OPAM 2010

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those fabrics. Great finish, Paulette.

    Hope you find lots of bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You struck gold with that quilt for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete