Sunday, February 14, 2010

He’s a sweetheart….

Here’s to my husband!!  Would you believe he spent a good chunk of Friday driving me to Hemet (about 35 minutes from here) for a quilt show.  Then he killed an hour and a half putzing around town with two dogs in tow!! What a guy!!  No wonder I married him!!  ;o)

Now on with the show…the quilt show that is!  Hemet is a small town…with some mighty good quilters!!  When I mentioned the show to my Clubhouse Quilting group no one seemed interested..I think they thought it was going to be too small to bother with.  P1060328

Not so….  Lots to see, lots to feel, lots to do…

P1060329

What a surprise for me!  It was a lovely show… AND it was the perfect size…not too big…I love the Road to California but it is just too big to take in all the quilts.  Not so with this show…I had time to savour each quilt and savour I did!!  Gorgeous quilts in all colours, sizes and shapes…P1060312 P1060313 P1060314 P1060315

Loved these quilts!!  Just beautiful!P1060316 P1060317 P1060318

I loved the baby quilts~

P1060319 P1060320 P1060321 P1060322 P1060323

The 3D teddy bear quilt was my favourite!  So adorable!

P1060324

And lovely Christmas Quilts~

P1060325

This Christmas tree Quilt was a lot bigger than it looks here and was stunning!!  Beautifully done!

 P1060326

P1060327    I will have to share the rest of the QS pictures with you tomorrow…If I send out too many pictures it takes too long and often takes multiple tries…..

And it is Valentine’s Day!!  I’m taking my sweetie out to breakfast!!  Didn’t your mama tell you…the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach! ;o)  Smart woman!

Have a wonderful Heart Day!!

14 comments:

  1. Great pictures...and quilts. I love quilt shows, no matter what size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful show, love seeing the pictures.
    I make mine go in with me, he has the wallet and carries everything, lol. Today he took me for a floss run, two stores with sales, so he carried the basket for me;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment. Glad to see you liked the Hemet Quilt Show too. Love your post & great photos. Did you by chance have lunch at Polly's Pies in Hemet? Great place to have lunch (and/or pie).

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT show - love the house quilt most of all. Enjoy your breakfast! Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love comes in many diffrent forms..
    My other half hangs around outside of bear fairs... ah...don't you love 'em x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday morning, eating breakfast and I find myself at a quilt show in Hemet, a place I have never heard of until now. Isn't technology wonderful. Hope breakfast was a real Valentine's treat for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT show ...gorgeous quilt..
    Your hubby's a keeper for sure..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paulette,
    Your husband sounds just like mine...a real keeper. Thanks so much for the wonderful quilt show. Each picture is better than the last.
    We went out for breakfast this morning too...so yummy. Enjoy the rest of your Valentine's Day!
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to see all the quilts and pics. Thanks for showing them. I'm familiar with Hemet, as lived in S.Calif for 32 years. Nice little town and nice of dear hubby to be patient with you, so you could see all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like an awesome show! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am jealous too, nice pictures and very nice quilt, I wait the rest of the pictures
    Have a nice week
    Leyla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic quilts! I think people are missing the point if they think a show is too small to bother with; what they're really saying is there's not enough shopping. No show is too small. It's a QUILT Show. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing Hemet's Quilt Show...some real gorgeous quilts! We were in DHS last year, soon we'll be in Indio...any shows coming up down there?

    ReplyDelete