Saturday, February 13, 2010

Roll out those…Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Winter…

Yes, I’m still plugging away on the Wool Crazy Quilt with five blocks done!

P1060382

I added this Christmas stocking…and on the stars I put my daughters’ initials…I know it’s hard to see..I should try taking these pictures outside.

P1060374 

But you get the idea..

P1060376 

Three little chicks…P1060379

…and their mama.  P1060381   Each block seems to take forever…but it is a good, crazy, fun thing to do in the trailer or while sitting in the lawn chairs…YES THE SUN IS SHINING!!  There’s nothing like the smell of wool mixed with sunscreen!! Ahhhh….

P1060384

YIKES!!  What a mess!  Yes this is the back of my Wool Crazy Quilt!!  Some of the other Wool Crazy bloggers ‘out there’ wanted us to share the underside!  You can see that most of my stitches go right through the batting- so I am really quilting my quilt as I go! It’s a good thing that this mess will get covered when I am finished!   Now I don’t want to scar you for life, so let me leave you with visions of the front rather than the back! ;o)

P1060382

There you have it!  My little quilt is S-L-O-W-L-Y taking shape…. Till next time…

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

  1. I'm in awe! I think you're moving along rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling - and I think you're quick! Five blocks already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a beautiful job on your blocks, the stitching is really nice. I try to hide my threads in the layers, but still a mess, but it gets covered;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is coming along beautifully and you really seem to be enjoying it. I like the personal touch with the addition of daughters' initials. A much calmer post than yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a wool crazy quilt , I love working with wool but so far it has been just small projects like candle mats and pincushions ,you have given me a little spark to try this .Absolutely love the quilt in your header , stunning , did you make that as well ???Glad I found your blog I will be back .
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking soooooo amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Paulette, I love it! I especially love the way that you personalized the quilt with the initials and the chicks w/their mama.

    Have fun on your trip! I love southern California....:0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love how it is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous quilt this is turning out to be! And I love your header quilts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little chickens and how clever to add your daughters' initials to the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE little chicks. Love your crazy woolie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is stunning. How are you going to sew the backing, i.e. how will it be stuck to the front?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it Paulette! I had a busy week and have hardly picked mine up:(Seeing yours makes me miss working on mine!! Maybe today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful quilt - and I think you are making very good progress on it. I still have a couple of crazy quilts that need lots and lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE how yours is looking! I'm glad I've ordered the size 8 threads, I really like how yours looks. Your little chicks are so cute and I like the initial idea, too.

    ReplyDelete