Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fun… Palm Springs Style…

No this is not a gay marriage…meet Robbie and Sandy, friends from home.  They are sisters and are staying at the same RV Resort as my husband and I.  They each have their own motor home and 5th wheel but left their husband back at the park to golf.

P1050945

Sandy and I have been friends for almost 30 years…

We had a lot of fun looking around at all the classy ladies wear shops in downtown Palm Springs!

No liposuction for Sandy…just throw on one of these and I can guarantee every eye will be on her when she shows up at the pool!! :o)

P1050949

No we didn’t buy anything…until we hit the local Palm Spring’s Thrift shop.  How is a Palm Spring’s Thrift Shop different from any other Thrift Shop, you ask.  Well for one thing EVERYTHING is covered in sequins, sparkles, glitter and rhinestones!!  Got to love it!! 

What did Sandy buy?  Why she bought some ostrich feather high heel slippers to go with her new bikini T-shirt!!  Just kidding…would you believe a yoga CD…now I know how she keeps that gorgeous body is superb shape!

Check out my buy…

Yards and yards of lovely dog print fabric…I can see a dog quilt happening here….

P1050950  Yards of cat print fabric…P1050952

2 yards of this red cotton…

P1050953

Christmas fabric….

P1050954

Cow and moo fabric….

P1050955

All this fabric was in one bag…for only $3.00 and not a sequin, rhinestone or sparkle in sight!!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

  1. At a thrift store??!!! That's gotta be the "find of the century"!! Looks like a fun day out with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable finds! The cows and Moo's are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made out like a banshe?? not sure on that spelling but way to go. I love your banner, the quilt is exquisite..new to your blog but will be checking back..I am new blogger and welcome new ones too. That t-shirt made me smile ..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a find I would like to see, lucky you.
    Those are the kind of shopping days I love, lots of fabric for dollars, you get to fill your buy need and not feel guilty;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd take that fabric over sequins and rhinestones any day! Heck, I don't think they'd look too good as embellishments on a wool crazy quilt anyway.

    WHat a buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a fun time with your friends! And wow, what a score on the fabric! That's alot of fabric for 3.00.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Another great find! BTW love the wool picture as your header image. Came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful thrift find Paulette! Do you have room to pack more fabric in your home away from home?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great thrift shopping! How come I never find bargains like those?

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL love the t-shirt - and your finds at the thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paulette,
    Your friend's t-shirt is too funny !
    As for the fabric, I don't know what to say other than I am jealous- what a deal - all that lovely cotton for almost nothing! You do find the best deals in the thrift shops..
    Hope you continue to enjoy your holiday- it looks like a great time for you all!
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you're having a great time, Mom!! Miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woww, that fabric really looks like the barrgain of the year - well, that's until you go to the next thrift store!

    ReplyDelete