Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another Crazy Friday Night Sew In…

It was crazy…but fun!!  In fact, over the last couple of nights I have worked on my little Wool Crazy Quilt and I have almost completed 4 more blocks!

There’s the three little pumpkins sitting on the grass..

P1060435

A stalk of blue delphinium…one of my favourite flowers…

P1060436

A spray of holly with a Christmas ball hanging…this isn’t quite finished - I need to sew on three more berries and two more holly leaves at the very end…but before I can do that, I need to do the decorative edge stitch to join the dark green block to the red.

P1060437

And our two dogs, Molly and Rylie…(they aren’t finished yet…)P1060438I took the cat appliqué pattern and replaced the cat’s head for a dog’s head. It was so easy to change it around.  P1060440

Some close ups….

P1060441 P1060442 P1060443 

P1060439

So 9 blocks almost done!!  I wish the colours would photograph better… in ‘real life’ the colours are much darker and richer looking.  But you get the idea…I love this little quilt so far…the hard part is choosing the next appliqué pattern…they are ALL so darn cute!!

GIVE  AWAY Spotted!!  Visit the Old Farmhouse Gathering blog to sign up for the Old Farmhouse Gathering Spring Basket Giveway. It’s chalk full of all kinds of wonderful goodies!! So hurry on over…

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!

20 comments:

  1. It is GORGEOUS! So are the blocks pieced and then you applique on each element of the individual block? I love it deeply and truly and will send you my address if you want to give it to me! I'll take good care of it!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're moving along nicely - sweet progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the darlingest quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Paulette! After seeing your post about Friday night sewing I was prepped and ready to go! Then I got so tired I laid down on the couch and promptly fell asleep!! I never do that but a busy work week caught up with me I guess.
    I love your quilt so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your blocks are gorgeous and the decorative stitching really brings the blocks together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt more every time you show it! It looks liek so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love all of the applique you have chosen. It makes me excited to get started. I have to keep working on finishing some other things though. I sure like looking at your progress, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming and whimsical quilt that you are making! I love it all!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paulette, your pictures have almost worked their magic on me, meaning enticing me to start this project. I may have to stop reading your blog, but I love your quilt, and know I will continue to pick in on your progress. Good luck with the rest. I know it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your wool crazy looks better than mine & i have been in Jo Ann's class for 1 year. I am trying to learn all the stitches. It has thrilled Jo Ann that you all have done her project.

    kim from san diego

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the block is coming along so nicely - love delphiniums, too and at this crazy rate mine might be up soon!!! I'm going to garden today and get rid of last year's dead stuff so the new stuff has room to grow - my poppy leaves are about 8" up already! The puppy block is so sweet - good call on changing the heads! How about that John Montgomery last night!!!!!! Whistler went nutso!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really have done a lot on your piece, and doing it so well. I need to take some time and practice stitches more.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is coming along beautifully. Love watching its progress

    ReplyDelete
  14. This quilt will be very personal.þ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Wool Crazy is incredible Paulette! I love everything about it and you are doing a superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, that is coming along nicely and love the dogs..so cute and adds your own personal touch.. The pumpkins look really good. Take care and keep warm
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you are personalising your quilt. It really is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paulette that is beautiful what you've done. You are almost finished! I'd better get working - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's looking fantastic, Paulette! You have a great eye for color and I love the mix of patterned wools that add such "texture". Nice job.

    ReplyDelete