Thursday, February 18, 2010

New KID on the Blog….

I am so excited…did you know that there is a new Blogger in town?  JoAnn Mullaly, author of Wool Crazy, has started her own blog!  Bet you can guess what it’s called?  Yup, Wool Crazy!!  P1050971

This is JoAnn standing beside her lovely creation…the original Wool Crazy Quilt!!  When you check out JoAnn’s blog you will see a wonderful close up of this quilt!  Be prepared to drool…!

As many of you know, I met JoAnn earlier this month when I stopped by her shop!!  And what a shop it is!!  The lucky quilters who live in this area…they get to visit The Country Loft whenever they want….  But the good news is we can visit whenever we want too…via the internet!!  They have a wonderful online shop where you can order all kinds of lovely things.  Claire ordered her copy of Wool Crazy from the Country Loft and she said it arrived in just a few days!  So check out the store and if you have lots of time on your hands click on the Quilt Shows that they sponsor in June/July…incredible!

But whatever you do…please stop off at JoAnn’s and make her feel welcome…you know what it feels like being the new girl on the blog!  And make sure you tell her that Paulette sent you!

SPEAKING OF INCREDIBLE…Claire sent me some pictures of our ‘Winter’ in Victoria, BC.  These pictures were taken in her backyard!

image

Forget Winter and go right to Spring!!  Ahh…Cherry blossoms!

Hellebore flowers!

image

Daffodils..

image

Mexican Orange plant…

image

These flowers and shrubs don’t usually do ‘this’ until late March…Makes me want to ALMOST rush back….  I’ve got to admit our Island has beautiful Springs… Now you know why Victoria is known as the City of Flowers!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!!

8 comments:

  1. I think you are missing nice weather back home, lol.
    I hope she shares tips and tricks on working with stitches.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I ordered mybook from The Country Loft too since that is where I saw the quilt online! And she works there, so an extra bonus for her to know I purchased her book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as you mentioned JoAnn's new blog, I stopped reading and clicked over to visit her. Her book is just wonderful! I look forward to her presence in blogworld.
    Lovely pictures of spring flowers are always welcome. Someday all our snow will melt and we'll get some of those flowers too ... someday *sigh*
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the spring flowers! I'm so ready for the snow to go away here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for introducing JoAnn's blog. I hope that all of us Crazy Quilters don't scare her.(lol) I can also see why are missing your home, with all those beautiful flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I've been watching the Olympics and they were showing the cherry blossoms - seems so weird when it's deep winter here! But so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting us know! I went over and said hi. I just got my threads in the mail today. A bunch of #8's. Now I'm waiting for some wool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you are doing from the wonderful book this lady has put together - is great that you are blogging about her and introducing her to so many others. l

    ReplyDelete